Chapter Twenty-Six

Calypso stuffed enough clothes and items to last her the stay at Aerin's house into her pack. She grabbed the three books she was cycling between before pushing everything down so she could zip her bag.

        Easter had been fun. They spent it at the cottage and ate lots of food and cakes with each other. Aerin had been helping Calypso sketch the sculpture she would begin working on when she returned from the Talbott's. She decided to create a sculpture of a character from one of her favorite Greek Mythology stories, Medusa.

        "Do you have everything?" Rania asked, entering Calypso's bedroom.

        "Yes!" Calypso said. She gave Mercury a rub on his head before going out into the living room where Karma was waiting for her. "The Portkeys outside?"

        "Yes, it's the shovel." Rania said. "Give me a hug."

       Calypso did as she was told while Karma said her goodbyes to Phoebe. Calypso waved to Alex as he rocked Maverick in his arms before going outside to meet her friend.

         "Excited?" Karma asked.

         "Very." Calypso said. She and Karma walked to the shovel that was on the ground and picked it up at the same time.

        Calypso was pulled forward and forced to bear through the familiar unpleasant feeling of traveling by Portkey. Her feet landed harshly onto the ground and she lurched forward, rolling down a hill. Calypso groaned when her case landed on top of her while Karma rushed to the base of a tree to throw up.

        "Are you okay?" Calypso heard a voice call out from her spot on the ground. She looked up and saw Aerin rushing towards her. He outstretched his hand and helped her to her feet.

         "You saw that?" Calypso asked, rubbing the back of her head.

         "Yeah. I probably should've told you that we live around hills." Aerin said. He looked over at Karma as she trudged over to them, holding her stomach.

         "That was terrible." Karma wheezed.

          "Here, let's get you guys to the house." Aerin said. He took Karma and Calypso's things and led them to the small house. There were a few other houses in the distance that were closer than the neighbors in Ottery St. Catchpole were.

         Aerin opened the front door and ushered them inside. Calypso looked around and noticed the massive vinyl collection that took up an entire wall. There were a few different kinds of guitars, but the only one she recognized was the Fender Stratocaster because Aerin had talked to her about it during one of their visits to Dominic Maestro's.

         "Whoa," said Karma, noticing the collection like Calypso had. Aerin glanced back at them to see what they were looking at.

          "Oh, my dad loves collecting records. That's not even half of them." Aerin said before leading them down the hall.

         Calypso looked at the walls and saw still pictures of Aerin with his dad. She stopped for a split second at the picture of a young Aerin with a really pretty woman who Calypso assumed was his mother. She didn't know anything about Aerin's mother, now that she realized it. He had spoken about his dad plenty of times, but his mother never came up in conversation.

        "Here's the guest room." Aerin pushed the door open and stepped into the room with orange wallpaper. The bed was big enough for Karma and Calypso to share and there were a few plants and books to decorate the room.