Chapter Four

Despite everything that had happened between them, Calypso couldn't find it in herself to hate her sister. Once upon a time, she had a sister that loved and looked out for her. She and Ophelia used to tell each other everything and talk for hours. They used to be inseparable and there was a part of Calypso that always hoped that they could go back to the way things used to be. Ophelia hadn't started off as bad as she was now. Calypso believed the people Ophelia associated with that had influenced her cruel ways and harsh behavior. She ran around with people like Alecto and Amycus Carrow, two siblings that Calypso had never liked.

Calypso was glad that she made pretty good friends over the past three years. Dorcas was a great and loyal friend to have around and the boys were great to Calypso too. With Remus, James, Sirius, and Peter by her side, she felt like she had made friends for life and that they would always be around to support her.

But, none of them would be there when she returned to Krane Manor and, despite Calypso's calm outwardly demeanor, she felt a bit of fear at the idea of returning home. She wished her mum would be there, but that was impossible. Calypso let out a soft sigh that made Sirius turn his head as she fiddled with the pages of the book she brought with her on the train ride.

"Good thing third year's almost over. Charms somehow got about ten times more boring this year than it was the last two." James said, raking a hand through his messy black hair that fell over his face and hung over his glasses. He was only messing it up more, but Calypso knew that James always liked to do that.

"It wasn't that bad, James, you just never paid attention to anything we went over in class." Remus said with a pointed look.

"Some of us can't be good at everything, Remus." James said, a twinkle shined in his eyes. "I was thinking, since Calypso and Sirius are going to join me at my house next week, why don't you and Peter tag along?"

"Okay." Remus said as Peter nodded eagerly, happy to spend time with his friends.

Calypso saw a flash of red hair pass the compartment in the train. James' eyes widened as he watched Lily Evans walk by, followed by Marlene McKinnon and Alice Fortescue. Calypso leaned forward and slapped the back of his head.

"Bloody hell, that hurt!" James complained, emitting an eye roll from the girl.

"She's still mad at you for that prank we pulled on Snape. I heard her talking about it with her friend, Mary MacDonald." Calypso said.

"Me?! I didn't even execute the prank. You did!" James said defensively. Calypso smiled cheekily  at him.

"I'm just the innocent Ravenclaw under the influence of four Gryffindor boys. I can do no wrong." Calypso joked. The boys groaned before the train started to slow down at the platform. "I can't believe I have to spend a week with my dad and my sister. Alone."

"It'll only be three days, Cal." Sirius ruffled Calypso's hair and she slapped him away.

"It seems like a lifetime." She said with a long sigh as she followed them off the train.

Groups of families stood outside, awaiting the arrival of their children. Calypso caught sight of Ophelia approaching her father amidst the crowd of people. Icarus Krane stood tall in dark dress robes with his arms crossed over his chest and a stony expression on his face.

"I'll miss you. Make sure you send a letter." Remus said, pulling Calypso into a hug. The three other boys looked amongst themselves with smiles dancing on their features.