Chapter Fifty-Six

Calypso's eyes immediately landed on Sirius. He stood between Dorcas and Benjy, a stressed look on his face that eased when their eyes met. Calypso sighed in relief as Sirius began to push his way through two Aurors standing in front of him so that he could bring Calypso into his arms. She held onto him, glad to see him.

       "Are you okay?" Sirius asked, pulling away to inspect her appearance. 

         "It's not me you should be worrying about. There's more people who need our help. There are Death Eaters everywhere." Calypso glanced at everyone. "How did you manage to get in?"

      "We saw the people escaping and came through the tunnels. They directed us to you." Fabian stepped forward, dressed in his Auror robes with his brows pulled tightly together. "Calypso, you're going to be in charge of getting people out. Sirius, you'll be fighting with Frank's group."

       Sirius grabbed Calypso's hand and squeezed it tightly. She didn't allow her face to betray what she was really feeling inside — fear.

        "I'll see you soon." Sirius said. He gave her a look that made her feel like she had no other choice but to come back unharmed. Calypso nodded, her heart squeezing at the thought of something happening to Sirius while he was fighting with Frank.

        "See you soon." Calypso said. Sirius's hand dropped from hers and he went to join Frank Longbottom and a few other members. Calypso turned to Fabian with a grin. "Good to see you again, Fabian."

          "Calypso," Fabian greeted. "Nice job getting those people out."

          "Thanks." Calypso turned to the other members of the Order and pointed out Pandora, Cassandra, and Dorcas. The three of them rushed forward, wands at their sides while Fabian went to lead some of the others into the fray. Calypso could hear the sound of explosions and blasts in the distance as spells were fired off. "Check all of the buildings. There's still a lot of people hiding out."

            They broke apart, running into the different shops in order to find people. Calypso paused for a moment when she noticed Alastor Moody dueling one of the Death Eaters. She stepped forward when the Death Eater fired a spell that knocked Moody off his feet but came to a halt when another Death Eater stepped in front of her, blocking her path. 

            She couldn't make out any distinguishing features about the Death Eater, but she had never truly battled face-to-face with one before. Calypso swallowed the lump that suddenly formed in her throat before raising her wand, 

             "Expulso!" 

             The Death Eater quickly deflected her spell using a Shield Charm so powerful that it nearly knocked her off her feet. Calypso didn't waste time recovering as she fired another spell at the Death Eater, taking the time to form a plan. Calypso switched to the defensive and allowed the Death Eater to fire spells at her. She dodged and defended herself, waiting for an opening until she fired a stunning spell that knocked the Death Eater unconscious. 

               Calypso grinned and stepped over the Death Eater's body before she ran into Eeylops Owl Emporium. She closed the door behind her before turning around and coming face-to-face with a large group of cowering witches and wizards. Some of them had their wands aimed directly at Calypso and she quickly raised her hands in the air.

           "I'm here to help." Calypso quickly told them her plan. She and the other adults gathered the children before venturing outside. Calypso glanced over her shoulder when she heard a voice shout,

         "THEY'RE OVER HERE!"

        "RUN!" Calypso yelled. They all split off in different directions with Calypso ducking as a spell whizzed by her head. She could hardly see anything over the smoke that filled the streets as she ran and became separated from everyone else. She heard a Death Eater behind her shout Confringo. The powerful blast sent her flying several feet into the air as the wall of the shop next to her exploded into a sea of brick and dust. Calypso felt something heavy hit her eye before she landed harshly on the ground, skidding several feet. She blinked several times, dazed, as her ears rang.