Chapter Twenty-Nine

Fifth year was the year Calypso had been anticipating since she first came to Hogwarts. It was the year she could be named Ravenclaw Prefect, become Quidditch captain, and have more breaks between her classes. The one problem was that O.W.L.s came during the end of fifth year and she would have to spend the entire year figuring out what career she wanted to do and studying for her exams.

           Since it was the last day the four of them would be keeping their mandrake leaves in their mouths, Calypso and the boys decided to meet in Diagon Alley. The second week of September was supposed to be the first full moon of the school year, so they had timed it perfectly. She hoped there'd be an electrical storm around that time so that they could drink the potion she worked on over the summer.

         "Are you excited for fifth year, Prefect?" Her mum asked as they walked around Diagon Alley. Calypso smiled triumphantly at the new title. She had received word that she was named Ravenclaw Prefect along with Ignatus that year and she was officially named Quidditch Captain. She'd have to juggle a lot this year, but she was good at organizing and managing her time.

        While carrying around two badges would be fun, Calypso found herself excited to find out who the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher would be with Professor Arcturus vanishing after he left her with a prophecy and told her that she was in danger. That had been something that kept her up at night for a while, but she decided to push that aside for the time being until she could get some real answers.

        "Yeah," Calypso replied to her mum before she spotted Aerin carrying a pile of books in his arms while walking around with Fraser, Zig, and Nancy. Aerin noticed her and looked at her mum with wide eyes before excusing himself from the group to talk to her. "Please don't say anything embarrassing/"

        "Wha —" Rania cut herself off when she noticed the boy approaching them. "Oh, hello! You must be Aerin."

        "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am." Aerin smiled at her.

        "Can I go with Aerin?" Calypso asked her mum.

        "Sure. I'm going to go find Phoebe. Find me in the Leaky Cauldron when you're done." Rania said. Calypso nodded and Aerin took her hand in his to pull him back to his friends.

        "What's going on?" Calypso asked when she noticed the looks on their faces.

       "One of our songs that we recorded over the summer, Hocus Pocus," Nancy started excitedly. Aerin spent most of his time over the summer when he wasn't visiting her with his band recording songs that he had written. He had even just finished writing a song named Calypso that he had yet to perform for her, "was on WWN."

        "What?" Calypso gasped. The WWN was the Wireless Wizarding Network which sometimes played music programmes. Being played on the WWN was huge, especially for a band that was just starting out like Aerin's was. She turned to Aerin with a smile. "That's amazing!"

        She threw her arms around him and tackled him into a hug.

        "Yeah, man, it was insane." Zig laughed. "Say, where's your friend —"

        "Ignore him." Nancy rolled her eyes, bringing her hand up to cover Zig's mouth.

         "Is he talking about Karma?" Calypso asked, surprised. "What ever happened to you and Mary?"

         "Mary?" Zig asked slowly. "Do you mean Marie?"

         "Marie dumped his ass when she realized Ziggy was a terrible boyfriend." Fraser laughed. Ziggy pouted and Nancy raised a brow.