Chapter Thirty

Calypso walked down the corridor with Dorcas the night the first electrical storm came. That night, she and the boys would go to the Shrieking Shack to drink the potions and finally become Animagi. There was a Full Moon that night as well meaning Remus would be there and Calypso had a pretty good idea of how he would react when he found out what his friends had done.

     "Dorcas," Marlene said, startling them when she appeared in their path out of nowhere. The blonde smiled shyly at Dorcas. "Can I talk to you?"

      "Of course." Dorcas shrugged. She turned to Calypso. "I'll see you later."

     "Bye." Calypso said before making her way to the Ravenclaw common room so that she could announce that the first Quidditch trials of the year would occur that Saturday. Mira jogged down the steps two at a time. "I expect to see you at trials this weekend."

      "Of course you will, and we're going to win this year." Mira said. Calypso nodded her head firmly with a smile on her face. She passed by Cassandra and the girl jogged up to her.

      "Did you hear that Hestia was recruited to play for the Holyhead Harpies?" Cassandra asked.

      "What?" Calypso asked, shocked. "Are you serious?"

      "Yes!" Cassandra said. "She'll probably make Captain within a few years or so."

     "She wouldn't give them any other choice." Calypso chuckled. She and Cassandra made their way to the courtyard. Calypso's eyes widened when she saw Evan grab Peter by the front of his robes and raise his fist. "HEY! STOP!"

      Evan was blasted back by a Shield Charm that Calypso used without taking out her wand. She and Cassandra rushed to Peter to make sure he was okay. Evan climbed to his feet and Calypso whirled on him, an angry glare in her eyes.

    "What's your damage, Rosier?" Calypso yelled at him. "You don't get to run around punching whoever you like —"

     "Get out of my face, Krane." Evan rolled his eyes and turned to walk away from her. Calypso grabbed his wrist in her fist and stared angrily at Evan. She could see people starting to gather around them and Evan looked at her, baffled by her grip on his wrist.

       "Apologize to Peter right now." She said through gritted teeth.

      "Excuse me?" He scoffed.

      "APOLOGIZE!" Calypso exclaimed. Evan winced, feeling his wrist grow unbearably hot under her hand. He yanked his wrist out of hers and turned to Peter, who was being helped up by Cassandra.

     "Sorry, Pettigrew." Evan spat before turning on his heel and walking away.

     Calypso rolled her eyes, feeling annoyed at the boy before she went to make sure Peter was okay.

     That night, Calypso finished her patrol and met with the others as they snuck out of the castle to make their way to the Shrieking Shack. Sirius had been the one that found the way to get past the Whomping Willow back in second year, but Calypso hadn't needed to go back since until now. There was a mutual feeling of nervousness in the air as they made their way to the Shrieking Shack.

      ''It'll be okay, guys.'' James said, though it sounded as if he was reassuring himself more than everyone else.

       The moon's light broke from behind the clouds and Calypso handed out the potions to the boys. They each gripped theirs and exchanged hesitant looks with one another.

     "Ready?" Sirius asked them after a few moments of silence.

    "Ready." They said in unison before chanting one last time, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus."