Chapter Eighteen

Professor Slughorn's annual Halloween party was something everyone at the school looked forward to. It was the one Slug Club event that everyone who was third year and up could attend without needing a personal invite from the Potions teacher. Every year Calypso eagerly awaited the party and this year was no different.

         She sat at the Gryffindor table for breakfast the morning of Slughorn's Halloween Party between Sirius and James. That Saturday was the first Quidditch game of the year between Gryffindor and Slytherin meaning Calypso would get to see Regulus play for the first time.

        ''Maybe I should ask Evans if she wants to go to the party with me." James said, thoughtfully while he watched Lily laugh at something Alice said.

       "Don't." Remus advised and James chucked a biscuit at his head.

       "You're probably right." James sighed. "I'll just bring Peter, I suppose."

      Peter's face lit up.

      "That leaves you stuck with me, Remus." Calypso said, smiling at her friend. Remus grinned at her while Sirius shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

      "What are you going as, Cal?" Sirius asked.

      ''I've decided to go as one of those muggle-type fairies.'' Calypso said.

      ''Lame,'' Dorcas said, squeezing in-between Peter and Remus. Peter's face turned bright red when Dorcas appeared.

      "You're going as a vampire.'' Calypso pointed out.

       ''What's Evans going as?'' James asked, causing Calypso to roll her eyes.

         ''Why don't you ask her?'' Calypso suggested.

         ''Evans!'' James called to the girl. Lily rolled her eyes and ignored James.

         Calypso chuckled.

       ''See? She's breaking my heart.'' James said dramatically.

       ''She's going as an angel.'' Calypso said.

      ''I'll be her devil.'' James said rather loudly.

       ''I'm going to barf.'' Lily said, rising from her seat and walking out of the Great Hall. James hopped up and followed her out.

       "That's not going to go well." Remus said before turning to Calypso with his hands in his pockets. "I'll meet you at the Ravenclaw common room tonight."

       Calypso nodded her head and Remus walked off to get James before he could do something stupid. Calypso ignored Dorcas's wiggling eyebrows and turned to Sirius.

      "What're you and Marlene going as?" She asked.

      Sirius shrugged.

      "Ourselves, I guess. You know I hate dressing up for Halloween." Sirius said.

      "I forgot you're 'too cool'." Calypso said. Sirius chuckled and she glanced over at his Fan Club on the other side of him. "How've they been handling you getting a girlfriend?"

      "About as well as to be expected." Sirius said. "Marlene's good at telling them off though. Yesterday she hexed them when they caught us in Astronomy Tower."

       Calypso raised an eyebrow at that. Astronomy Tower was known for being the place couples went to snog. She wasn't surprised Sirius could be found there.