Chapter Fifty-Four

"How long are they going to be following you around?" Sirius asked, peeking through the curtains while he, James, Calypso, Remus, and Peter lounged in the sitting room of Potter Manor. Sirius stared at the two Aurors who had been following Calypso around and guarding her at the command of the Minister himself. The two of them hid in the shadows, out-of-sight.

        "For a while, I think." Calypso mumbled miserably. Her eyes quickly darted across the page of her latest read, Guide of Advanced Occlumency.  "It would be nice to go somewhere without being followed, but I suppose it's my own fault they're trailing me in the first place."

           "What happened again? Why won't they leave you alone?" Peter frowned.

           "You're so forgetful, Wormtail." James said, but Calypso shushed him.

           "I had a vision that there was going to be an attack on Diagon Alley, so I went to tell Dumbledore about it, but the Minister and Barty Crouch were there. They assigned the Aurors to keep a close eye on me since they know about my visions now, but there's a lot more of them creeping around Diagon Alley." Calypso explained. She didn't know when the attack on Diagon Alley was going to happen and she wasn't completely sure there would be one, but everything inside of her was telling her there would be.

          "When do you think the attack's going to take place?" Remus asked. Calypso shrugged.

          "I don't know. I could only tell that it's going to be foggy." Calypso said. She turned to her boyfriend as he turned away from the curtain, drumming his fingers against the side of his pants. Calypso rolled her eyes. "You're so impatient."

          "You promised me that I could get it during break —"

          "Oh, are you talking about the gift?" Remus asked, amused as he glanced between the two of them. "He's going to love it."

           "You think so?" Calypso asked, grinning. Sirius turned to Calypso, a betrayed look in his eyes.

           "You told Remus what the gift was, but you won't tell me?" Sirius asked.

           "We all know what the gift is, mate." James laughed. Sirius's eyes bulged out of his head and Calypso chuckled. He looked at Calypso, pouting. She stood from the chair and turned to the boys.

          "Sirius and I will be back." Calypso took Sirius's hand and pulled him out of the room behind her. She could hear him chattering excitedly behind her. She was confident he would love the present and that it was the perfect present. Calypso opened the back door of Potter Manor and led Sirius to the shed.

          "Why has it been here all this time?" Sirius asked.

           "Fleamont agreed to help me with it." Calypso threw the door to the shed open, buzzing with excitement. She pushed Sirius inside and he laughed at the grin on her face before he watched as she took a sheet off of a —

            "No . . . way . . ." Sirius gaped at the motorbike Calypso revealed to him with a flourish. It had a tiny car attached to the side and was rather large. Sirius glanced between the bike and Calypso, his eyes wide. 

          "I put a spell on it so it can fly as fast as a broom. The engine is a bit loud, but I think you'll really like it. I haven't had a chance to ride in yet because I wanted you to be the first person to, but it should run smoothly and —" Calypso was cut off when Sirius strolled up to her and brought her to him, planting a deep kiss on her lips. When they pulled apart from each other, Sirius stared at her with a look of disbelief and she smiled at him. "So, you like the gift."