Chapter Forty-Seven

Calypso's mother was added to another long list of wizards who had disappeared during the War and, even though Rhea and the Ministry were searching far and wide for Rania Krane, there was no word from her. Calypso settled into living with her grandmother in a flat that the woman had rented in Diagon Alley. To add to the list of her worries, she had received a letter from Regulus informing her that Sirius had run away from home. Regulus asked if his brother had gone to stay with her, but he hadn't responded after Calypso told him Sirius hadn't and asked how he was doing.

     Calypso figured Sirius went to stay with James and her suspicion was correct when Sirius sent her a tear-stained letter the night after he left asking if he could come visit her at her grandmother's place.

     Meanwhile, Calypso wrote to Dumbledore to try and figure out if he knew the whereabouts of her sister or Nerine, but he said that he hadn't heard from either of them since the last time Ophelia visited so that wasn't much help.

    Calypso knew Voldemort and his Death Eaters were responsible for her family's disappearances and she thought it was only a matter of time before he came for her too.

    ''Calypso, Sirius is here!'' Rhea called from the front of the flat, startling Calypso from her thoughts. She jumped from her bed and ran to the front of the house where Sirius was waiting for her. She crashed into him and threw her arms around him.

     "I've missed you." Sirius whispered into her shoulder, inhaling her familiar lavender scent.

     "I've missed you too." Calypso said.

     ''Calypso, I'm going out to meet with someone who might have information on Astrea's whereabouts. I'll be back later tonight." Rhea said, gathering her things. Calypso gave her grandmother a quick hug before the woman left. Calypso pulled Sirius over to the couch.

     ''Has she found anything out yet?" Sirius asked, sitting down beside her.

     ''She doesn't think any of them are dead, they're just . . . gone. She thinks he's trying to send me a message because . . ." Calypso swallowed. She needed to tell someone the truth and Sirius would be understanding of why she had kept everything from him if she explained. "Sirius, my family are descendants of Salazar Slytherin and Rowena Ravenclaw."

     Sirius's jaw dropped.

    "Because we're descended from them, we're all naturally gifted at Occlumency and Legilimency, but there was a prophecy made about me that said whichever side I choose will be the side that wins this war." Calypso explained before launching into a more detailed explanation of everything that had happened after last Christmas. Sirius listened intently and didn't make a peep until she had finished her long explanation. "I couldn't tell you any of this because it's not safe and I still probably shouldn't tell you any of it, but I need to tell someone."

     "I'm glad you told me, Cal." Sirius squeezed her hand. "What does the prophecy say exactly?"

     "The daughter of the sly and smart shall have the power to see and block. A powerful witch she will be and lead her friends to victory. She will protect them all until the end and then her time will come again." Calypso recited. She had thought about the prophecy so much that she had the whole thing memorized by now.

     "The daughter of the sly and smart — your dad was a Slytherin and your mum was a Ravenclaw — shall have the power to see and block —"

    "I have the power of Sight too. I haven't done much research into it apart from what Helena told me, but I know my mum and grandmother both have it, though I don't think Ophelia does." Calypso said.