Chapter Ten

Calypso spent the majority of March preparing herself for their upcoming end-of-the-year exams since she liked to get a head start on studying. Remus and James's birthdays fell during that time and James spent the whole day pranking first years and bossing people around.

       The rest of third year went much faster than Calypso could've possibly imagined, but she wasn't too happy when Ravenclaw came second in the Quidditch Cup to Slytherin (though James's anger when Gryffindor ranked third was nothing compared to hers). 

          While she was eager to see her mother again, the saddest part was saying goodbye to her friends. Calypso enjoyed spending time with her new Gryffindor friends, especially Lily, Alice, and Marlene. But, Calypso knew she would be able to see them over the summer holiday since her mum never minded when she had friends over to her new home.

         ''Are you ready to go back?'' Sirius asked as the group of friend's sat in their usual compartment during the train ride. They were nearing King's Cross Station and Calypso couldn't help but be a little sad that she wouldn't be able to be back at Hogwarts until September.

             "Mum's prepared a whole feast for us." James reclined in his chair, motioning between him and Sirius. Sirius was going to spend the first two weeks of summer vacation at the Potter's house before he returned to Grimmauld Place.

          "I'm excited to see Mum again." said Peter with a small smile on his face. Calypso loved Mrs. Pettigrew. She was a friendly woman who doted over Peter and baked him sweets. Peter's dad was nice, but he was a little shy. 

            Remus nodded in agreement, thinking quietly about his parents and going back home. 

           ''Promise you guys will visit at least once?'' Calypso said. She didn't want to spend summer with only her sister for company. Her mum planned to take them to America for two weeks so they could meet Alex's family because he was  American. He was from California and Calypso was excited to go because she had never been to California before. 

           ''Of course, Cal.'' James said, poking her side.

           ''Isn't Ophelia's birthday right before you're supposed to leave?" Sirius asked. Calypso groaned at the reminder that her sister was throwing a party for her birthday.

            ''Who'd she invite to her party?'' Remus inquired.

             ''The Carrows, Narcissa, Regulus, Bellatrix, Rodolphus, Rabastan, Lucius, Cordelia, Evan, Aurelia, Finnick Macmillan, and Barnabas Greengrass.'' Calypso listed with a grimace. 

            ''Come 'round mine that day.'' James suggested.

            Calypso sighed and shook her head.

           ''I can't. Mum says I have to be there. And I also want to see my dad's reaction when he meets Alex.'' Calypso said, though she couldn't imagine that was going to go over very well.

           ''Alex . . . such an ordinary name.'' James said.

           The boys and Calypso raised their eyebrows.

           ''All right, James.'' She said,

            Eventually, the train pulled into the station and everyone filed off. Calypso waved to all of her friends and found Dorcas and Pandora lingering outside.

            "Bye, Cal!" Pandora cried out, throwing her arms around the girl. 

            "Bye, Panda! Try not to blow anything up this summer." Pandora smirked mischievously at Calypso.