Chapter Fifty-Two

Halfway through October and right before Sirius's birthday came their first trip of the term to Hogsmeade. Sirius had invited her out on a real date since they had never been on one before. Even though Calypso had been dating Sirius for a few months now, she couldn't believe neither of them had been out on a date before.

         Calypso took her time getting ready in her dorm before she made her way down to the entrance hall where James was looking poutier than usual while he stood between Remus and Peter.

         "I can't believe me and Peter are going to be alone for the entire trip!" James cried out, sounding exasperated. Calypso and Remus rolled their eyes at their friend.

         "You and Peter won't be alone for the whole trip. We're all meeting up for dinner in the Three Broomsticks like we always do." Calypso said.

         "Yes, but how will Wormtail and I entertain ourselves in the meantime?" James asked. Calypso caught his eyes lingering on Lily while she talked to Emmeline. She discreetly rolled her eyes.

           "I'm sure you'll think of something." Calypso said. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Sirius making his way down the hall. His hair was nicely combed and he had this confident look on his face that Calypso knew was only masking how nervous he truly was for their day. She smoothed out her clothes — one of Pandora's light blue dresses that made her eyes look brighter — and smiled at the sight of her boyfriend.

           "You two make me sick." James grumbled before wincing when Remus elbowed him in the stomach as Sirius approached Calypso.

            "You look gorgeous, Cal." Sirius grinned at her, the tops of his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. Calypso smiled.

           "Thanks, Sirius." Calypso said. They broke apart from the boys and made their way down to Hogsmeade village.

         "So, what errands do you need to run?" Sirius asked.

        Calypso's eyes widened infinitesimally.

        "I don't need anything, actually. You and I get to spend the whole time doing whatever we like —"

         "Cal, I know you. I know that you're dying to stop by Scrivenshaft's to buy a quill or that you need to go to Tomes and Scrolls for some random project you're working on."

         "Are you sure you don't mind if we just make a few quick stops at Ceridwen's, the Magic Neep, and J. Pippins. We can go to the other teashop right after." Calypso said. Sirius merely chuckled at her before trailing behind her while she hauled him around countless shops while they asked each other random questions or talked about random topics.

         "I really want to become a brilliant Potioneer when we leave. I think I want to get an apprenticeship under someone and work there, while also being able to find some way to help with the war." Sirius told her as they stepped inside Rosa Lee Teabag. Rosa Lee's was the tamer version of Madam Puddifoot's and Calypso preferred their coffee since tiny cherubs didn't shoot confetti into it whenever she tried to take a sip. There were a few other couples or groups in there when they sat down in the corner of the room. "Have you found out anything more about the research assistant job?"

         "I was speaking to Ira about it since she works for the research wing and there are loads of different departments that they could put me in. She said that if I end up researching something with the history department like her, that I could even get to travel to different places." Calypso said excitedly. At one point during their conversation, Sirius reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of parchment. "What's that?"