Chapter Seven

Calypso and Dorcas's other roommates, Alessia, Collete, and Karina, made sure to save Calypso a seat on the days she decided to sit at their end of the Ravenclaw table instead of where she normally did since they sat near her crush, Sebastian Smythe. Sebastian noticed Calypso's not-so-subtle stares and found them quite amusing. But, another person that noticed was Remus Lupin and he spent every lunch period complaining to James, Peter, and Sirius about it.

     "Look at him," Calypso sighed dreamily to her friends. Dorcas made a gagging noise that made Pandora stifle a laugh behind her hand. "All the books he reads are Muggle Classics, you know." 

    "I heard he spends all of his time in the library and that he has a free period right after breakfast. And since you do as well, maybe you could go and do a bit of exploring." Alessia winked. Calypso laughed before placing her head in her chin and turning her gaze back to Sebastian.

      "She's bloody in love with him!" Remus whisper-shouted to his friends. Sirius had to admit that seeing his best friend fawn over some guy, wasn't exactly something he was fond of. In fact, he found himself becoming quite annoyed whenever he noticed Calypso's attention wandering to the boy.

     "It's just a crush, Remus." James shrugged.

     "Just a crush? Just a crush, James? She hasn't even sat with us since school started back again." Remus complained.

    "We have Herbology and Transfigurations together. We see her all the time." Sirius frowned.

     "But she either sits with you or James or both." Remus said.

     "Remus, we sit right behind them." Peter pointed out. "And she comes to the common room nearly every day —"

     "It's just not the same." He let out an overexaggerated sigh before he noticed Calypso standing up to grab her things. He looked over at Sebastian and found him staring at her as he did so before excusing himself from his friends and followed her out of the Great Hall.

    "Okay, seeing as Remus here is about to blow a fuse . . . or two, we all will intervene." James said, standing up. The four boys walked out after them.    

    "Hey, wait!" Calypso heard someone say when she exited the Great Hall. She turned and saw Sebastian rushing towards her. He stopped in front of her and ran a hand through his brown hair. "You're Calypso Krane, right?"

    "Yeah, and you're Sebastian Smythe." She said, smiling at him as they started walking in the direction of the library. She glanced at the book in his hand. "Oh . . . Romeo and Juliet."

      Sebastian laughed at her unimpressed tone.

      "I take it you're not a fan?" He asked.

       "I hate it."

     "Really? Why? It's a classic." He asked intrigued.

     "I know that, but it's just not my thing. I never understood the whole 'lovers killing themselves to be with each other' trope. I mean Romeo and Juliet had only just met one another and were suddenly willing to die for one another for no reason. If you are into plays, though, I recommend Antigone. Now, that is a masterpiece." Calypso explained. Sebastian opened his mouth to respond but he was cut off by the loud, boisterous laughter coming from behind him. Calypso recognized it instantly. "Oh, Merlin . . ."