Chapter One

"Sirius Orion Black, put me down this instant!" Calypso cried out as the thirteen-year-old boy lifted her up into the air and heaved her over his shoulder as though she were a rag doll. Calypso hung in the air, swiping at the back of his knees. Sirius chuckled and whirled around the Gryffindor common room, sharing a laugh with James Potter, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew while they lounged in armchairs with their homework laid out in front of them. Calypso,  preferred the Ravenclaw common room opposed to the Gryffindor one but James didn't like going there because, according to him, "that's where the nerds hung out at".

          "If you insist." Sirius said before dropping Calypso on the ground. She landed with a groan of pain, sprawled out on the floor like a starfish. Remus stood up from his seat and held his hand out to help her up. Sirius and James laughed while Calypso hit them with the back of her Charms textbook.

          "I hate you both. You begged me to come here to study. I was in the middle of doing some really fascinating research in the library about Muggles and some of their most interesting inventions. Notably the —" Calypso was cut off before she could go on a tangent by a hand — Sirius' — covering her mouth.

           "Be quiet, lovely. We have a plan." Sirius explained. Calypso raised an inquiring eyebrow at them. The last time Sirius had one of his little "plans" Calypso ended up serving detention with him for the last two months of second year. She certainly couldn't afford that this time around, given that she was Beater for the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team. "We are going to prank Snivellus."

           Calypso groaned.

           "I don't want to be apart of this." Calypso said. It wasn't because the boys were being mean to Severus Snape (She disliked Snape as much as the next person. He was always calling muggleborns, mudbloods, and making snide comments that Calypso didn't care for. Calypso thought it was odd that Snape believed in blood supremacy seeing as his best friend, Lily Evans, a Gryffindor girl, was Muggleborn and he was a half-blood), it was due to her sister. "Ophelia threatened to tell my father that all of my friends were 'blood traitors' if I ever pranked another Slytherin again."

           The sister's once strong bond had completely evaporated the second the Sorting Hat called out Ravenclaw. Now, Calypso's father seemed to hate her with every ounce of his being though she didn't quite understand why. She could only imagine how he would treat her if the Hat had called out Gryffindor instead. She shuddered at the thought.

            "Forget your sister." James stood up. "Snivellus was speaking ill of Evans, and though she's not my biggest fan, he called her a burden when he was talking to Avery and Mulciber. As payback, I think we should do something different, like a spell we haven't done before and we need you, Calypso. You're the smartest one here."

            Remus let out a disgruntled noise while Calypso beamed at the confident. Sirius said, "I think saying that Evans "isn't your biggest fan" is an understatement."

            James waved him off.

            "Fine. I'll think of something, but you'll owe me a month's supply of pumpkin pasties." Calypso sighed before coming up with an idea. "This spell's something we're going to learn in Transfiguration and I think it would be perfect. We'll do it at dinner."

          The boys exchanged mischievous glances as Sirius patted Calypso's back. "That's my girl."

          Come dinner, Calypso was debating if this was truly the best idea. It would surely get them into a bit of trouble, but the boys looked at her with excitement in their eyes, eager to know how their plan would turn out. She discreetly pulled out her wand, ignoring Dorcas's curious gaze. Calypso closed her eyes and thought of a frog.