Chapter Forty-Nine

Calypso sat down for breakfast the morning their class schedules were supposed to be distributed and was surprised to see Benjy Fenwick sitting down in the spot on the other side of Dorcas. Benjy and Calypso had never been close per se and he definitely had tendencies to be a bit of a douche at times, but he had been sweet to Dorcas when the pair of them were together and that's all Calypso really cared about.

    "Benjy, are you sitting with us now?" Calypso asked, sliding into the spot on the opposite side of Dorcas. She caught the way Pandora was glaring across the table to where Feyre Martell, a nice girl in their year, was smiling sweetly at Xenophilius.

    "Benjy was just telling us how all of his friends ditched him so he's decided to start spending time with us now." Cassandra said, shoveling a spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

    "My friends didn't ditch me, they graduated." Benjy rolled his eyes at Cassandra. "And Dorcas invited me to sit with you guys."

     "Yeah, because all of your friends ditched you and it was just sad to watch you eat alone." Dorcas said teasingly. Benjy rolled his eyes again.

     "Whatever." He sighed. He reached for the last roll and Cassandra swatted his hand away.

    "Touch that and I'll curse you." Cassandra threatened.

    "Here, Benjy." Calypso handed Benjy her roll since she knew Cassandra could get a little passionate when it came to her breakfast. She glanced at Pandora. "Panda, stop glaring at Feyre  and Xenophilius."

      "I can't help it. I don't think I can look away." Pandora said, still keeping her gaze on them. Cassandra grabbed the top of Pandora's head and turned it. "Thank you."

      "Whoa," Benjy laughed, "you like Xenophilius Lovegood?"

     "Why is he laughing?" Pandora asked, turning to Dorcas.

      Dorcas hit Benjy upside the head.

     "Don't be rude." She scolded.

     "Sorry. Why don't you just tell Xenophilius how you feel if you like him so much?" Benjy asked.

     "I've been trying to work up the courage to since Easter." Pandora said.

     "It's September."

     "You'll tell him eventually, Panda." Calypso said, reassuringly.

     "But, you might want to tell him soon because I heard Feyre has a major crush on him." Cassandra said. Dorcas and Calypso gave Casaandra a pointed look while Pandora's eyes widened.

     "You're right! I'll tell him after breakfast." Pandora nodded her head.

    "Good for you." Benjy raised his juice at her.

    "Or maybe I should wait . . ." Pandora said thoughtfully. Calypso patted Pandora's hand with a sad sigh. Pandora would tell him eventually. Maybe not that day, but eventually . . .

     After they had eaten, they remained in their seats and waited for Professor Flitwick to come from the staff table. Giving out class schedules this year was more complicated than usual since Professor Flitwick needed to make sure that everybody achieved the necessary O.W.L. grades to continue with their chosen N.E.W.T.s.

     Professor Flitwick congratulated Calypso on her stellar performance on the exams and handed her the schedule comprised of the six classes she had chosen to take. She was most interested in meeting the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who was replacing her grandmother. She had caught a glimpse of Professor Persephone Zabini when Professor Dumbledore introduced her at the welcome feast.