Chapter Fifty-One

The one thing Calypso found herself looking forward to as the week rolled on was the first day of Quidditch trials. Before she knew it, she was standing in the middle of the pitch with a whistle she got from Dorcas and looking out at the faces of the students who showed up to trials. The turn out was even more than it had been the previous year and Calypso had a good feeling that things were going to go in Ravenclaws favor this year. Despite Antoine, Ignatus, and Calen's departures, Calypso was hopeful that she could find good enough players to fill their spots.

        She did her usual speech where she reminded them that no one was guaranteed a spot on the team. A few promising players caught her eye immediately as she wrote notes on each of the players on a piece of parchment. She never cut players on the first day of trials, so she parted with everyone after giving each of them constructive criticism on how they could improve.

        "How were trials?" Sirius asked when he and Calypso sat on the floor of the Ravenclaw common room during their free period. Heracles was enjoying playing with a ball of yawn between them while Calypso worked on her History of Magic assignment. She had been in the middle of reading up on the Witch trials of 1692 when Sirius's voice interrupted their silence.

       "There were a few people who I think will make good additions to the team. Mira improved a lot over the summer too and hardly anyone could score on Cassandra. I think we'll have a chance at winning the Cup this year." Calypso said confidently.

        "Don't tell James that. He thinks Gryffindor's going to beat everyone now that he's been named Captain." Sirius chuckled. James being named Captain meant that he and Calypso were tiptoeing around the subject of Quidditch altogether. They both tried to get Sirius to reveal information, but Sirius made it clear that he wasn't going to get involved.

       "Trust me. I'm the one who's psychic." Calypso grinned. Sirius stared at her with a wary expression.

       "Have you had any other episodes since your birthday?" Sirius asked, for what seemed like the thousandth time. He, and pretty much all of Calypso's friends, were constantly checking up on her ever since she had her vision on her birthday. She had to come up with some lousy explanation to everyone that she had some made-up illness that was going around. She doubted her friends believed her, but Dumbledore told her not to tell anyone about the prophecy or that she had the Sight in case one of her friends was secretly working for Voldemort. She wanted to tell him that her friends would never betray her, but she thought it best not to argue with him.

       "No. Not yet anyway, but I always think it's about to come. Hopefully, it doesn't become a frequent occurrence." Calypso said, although she had a feeling that they would come again eventually. She glanced at the clock on the wall and let out a sigh. "The free periods almost over and I haven't finished my work."

       "I thought free periods would be relaxing, but instead we have to spend it studying." Sirius sighed.

       "The classes have gotten a bit more challenging this year. I don't think I've understood a word of what Professor Zabini has said to us for the past few lessons." Calypso said honestly. On top of nonverbal spells being expected in most of the classes, their professors were piling on the homework and leaving them with hardly any time for relaxation.

         Calypso and Sirius made their way to exit the common room when a random second year came up to Calypso and handed her a note. She opened it to find that it was from Dumbledore and he was asking for her to come to his office after she finished her Prefect duties.

         "What do you think he wants?" Sirius asked after Calypso showed him the note. She shrugged as they continued down the stairs.

        "I don't know." Calypso said. She hoped it had something to do with the Order of the Phoenix. She had been eagerly awaiting a task ever since Dumbledore told her about the secret organization. She imagined all sorts of different missions she would be going on where she would be able to fight Death Eaters and contribute to stopping Voldemort.