Chapter Five

Calypso stood in front of Grimmauld Place with her father and sister, both of whom held piles of gifts in their arms (none of which were marked with Calypso or Sirius' names on them). Calypso only held a single present in her hand that was decorated with red Christmas wrapping and a neatly placed golden bow. Icarus tapped his foot impatiently on the ground and took out his wand. Calypso turned to stare at the passing Muggles on the street who chatted with each other as snow fell on the ground around them. When Calypso turned back around, Grimmauld Place had revealed itself.

             Ophelia hadn't spoken to Calypso since their encounter in Calypso's bedroom, not that Calypso particularly minded. Her father had steered clear of her too and she was glad for that. She didn't want to be around either of them any longer than she had to.

             "Don't embarrass me, Calypso." Icarus said. Calypso discreetly rolled her eyes as they entered Grimmauld Place. Calypso smoothed out the ends of her dress that her mum had bought for her from a Muggle shop while Icarus and Ophelia were greeted warmly by Orion and Walburga Black.

             Calypso's eyes found Regulus, Narcissa, and Bellatrix standing behind them. When they were younger and everyone was nicer, Bellatrix and Calypso were actually good friends even though Bellatrix was much older. Ever since their mother, Druella, died, Bellatrix became protective over Narcissa and Andromeda. When Narcissa and Ophelia would spend time together, Calypso would take the opportunity to spend time with Andromeda and Bellatrix. At the time, Bellatrix and Calypso became quite close. Bellatrix was rowdy, just like Calypso had been so they used to get along swimmingly. Her, Bellatrix, and Andromeda would go on adventures into the woods or into the towns and were constantly causing trouble for their families.

             However, a lot of things have changed since then. Andromeda was disowned and Bellatrix was no longer Bellatrix Black, the fun-loving, over protective sister that would go on adventures with Calypso through the woods that surrounded Krane Manor. Now she was Bellatrix Lestrange, wife of Rodolphus Lestrange and that had made her cold and unkind.

           Ophelia and Bellatrix wrapped each other into a hug.

          Calypso's eyes searched around to locate her best friend.

          "Icarus, I've been hearing some . . . interesting things about your youngest daughter. I do hope your children are aware of the status they hold in the eyes of other pureblood families. The Krane's are such valued members of our society." Walburga said once they stepped inside.

          Calypso snapped her eyes over to Sirius' mother, wishing she could tell the woman to mind her business.

         "Don't worry, Walburga. The children understand their place, especially Calypso. She's learned her lesson from her past actions." Icarus said. His eyes flashed towards her and Calypso noticeably tensed under his gaze.

         "Is that gift for us?" Orion asked Calypso, taking note of the gift in her hand. Calypso resisted the urge to scoff.

       "For Sirius, actually." Calypso said.

         Orion and Walburga exchanged a look of annoyance before flashing Calypso's father a pitiful glance. Walburga went to open her mouth before footsteps of someone coming downstairs interrupted her. Calypso was thankful for Sirius' timing, but she was blown away by how nice he looked. His hair fell in its natural waves around his face and he adjusted the collar to the suit she knew his parents had forced him into. Calypso suspected he was late because he had been busy getting his hair to sit perfectly. Sirius always took up the most time out of all of them to get ready, though James was a close second.