Chapter Forty-Six

After O.W.L.s, fifth year seemed to come to an end much sooner than Calypso anticipated. Before she knew it, she was boarding the train destined for King's Cross with the boys. She gave hugs to Pandora, Cassandra, and Dorcas with a promise to visit them all before the summer holidays were over; She found Karma chatting with Remus and wondered if the girl would be visiting over the summer like she had the previous year; Alice was tearful as she sat with Frank for the last time and Lily was ignoring the pitiful looks Snape was sending her way as she climbed into a compartment with Marlene, Dorcas, Emmeline, and Mary.

    Calypso carried her novels with her into the compartment with Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter.

     ''Have you heard from your mum at all?" Sirius asked when she sat down beside him. Over the past two weeks, Calypso hadn't received word from her mum at all. She wasn't even sure if she would be picking her up from the station when they arrived.

     ''No, but Grandma Rhea said she would go to Krane Manor with me and help me sort through some of my dad's things. She and I were also going to visit the main office for the Society for the Tolerance of Vampires to see Ira.'' Calypso said.

      ''Will we be allowed to swing by your Manor?" Remus asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Calypso laughed.

      "Of course. We'll have to spend loads of time together before we get too busy with sixth year."

      James let out a loud groan.

      "Don't remind me. I'm already having nightmares about the course load." James said.

      "Maybe it won't be that bad. I'm looking forward to only having subjects that interest me." Peter said brightly. "Professor Kettleburn said that Care of Magical Creatures is going to get even more exciting next year."

       "I'm excited for Potions. Slughorn always makes sure it's interesting." Sirius leaned back.

       "One of my sixth year friends said that he teaches Amortetia on the first day of class." Remus said.

      ''What's that?'' James asked.

     ''It's the most powerful love potion in existence. If you drink it, it causes a powerful infatuation or obsession. But, it smells differently to each person since it depends on what someone's attracted to." Calypso explained.

       ''Well, we know what you're gonna smell.'' Sirius said, smiling cheekily.

       ''You're right. Remus.'' Calypso teased. The smile wiped off of Sirius' face and James and Peter burst out laughing, recalling Remus's crush on Calypso in third year. Remus held up his hands innocently when Sirius began to glare at him.

        ''You can't forget about the N.E.W.T.'s next year too. They're called Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests for a reason.'' James sighed. Calypso rolled her eyes.

        ''If we can survive O.W.L.'s, we can survive anything. Besides, Fabian and Gideon passed, so I imagine it's not too hard.'' Calypso smirked.

       ''We heard that, Calypso!'' Fabian shouted from another compartment.

       ''She's so rude.'' Gideon chimed in.

       They all laughed and spent the rest of the train ride chatting with one another. When the train pulled into a station, Calypso gave each of the boys a hug before she turned to Sirius. He gave her a quick kiss and made his usual promise to write to her everyday before he went to catch up with his family.

       Calypso saw her grandmother standing amidst the sea of people and walked over to her. The pair of them took a car to Wiltshire.

     "I used to live in a house down there, you know?" Rhea asked, pointing in the opposite direction of Wiltshire once they arrived.