Chapter Twenty-Five

Calypso drummed her fingers against the surface of the book she finished reading on the train ride from Scotland. Sirius was asleep beside her with his head resting against her shoulder while James and Peter traded chocolate frog cards. Remus was quickly eating a few pieces of chocolate when the train pulled into King's Cross Station.

         Calypso nudged Sirius awake. He lifted his head up and blinked a few times before smiling sheepishly at her.

         "Sorry." He said.

        "It's fine." Calypso shrugged before getting to her feet. She and the boys filed out of their compartments, their stomachs full of candy (or, in Calypso's case, pumpkin pasties) as they waited to leave the train to greet their parents.

         Karma made her way over to Calypso since they were going to the same place and, once they exited the train, Calypso turned to the boys.

        "I'll see you all in a few weeks." She said, wrapping her arms around all of them to pull them into a group hug. Easter break wasn't too long, so it wasn't as though they'd be going a while without seeing each other, but Calypso would miss them.

        "Bye, Cal." They said in unison.

        She pulled away from them and smiled before turning around with Karma to find her mum. She caught a glimpse of her father placing his hand on Ophelia's shoulder as the pair of them left the platform.

         "Oh, there she is." Karma pointed. Calypso followed Karma's gaze and saw her mum standing. Her face was more full than it had been the last time she saw her due to the baby and there was a bit of a glow to her.

         Calypso ran forward and hugged her mother.

         "Hey, kid." Rania said, rubbing Calypso's back soothingly. "Let me get a look at you."

         Calypso pulled away, smiling as her mother inspected her.

         "You've grown!" Rania exclaimed. Calypso playfully rolled her eyes and made a comment about how her mother always said that. Rania turned to Karma. "Hi, Karma."

        "Hi." Karma greeted her.

         Calypso and Karma gathered their things and went out to the car where Alex was waiting in the driver's seat. They climbed into the backseat of the car and Alex drove in the direction of Ottery St. Catchpole.

         Calypso and Karma chatted with one another for a majority of the journey until they arrived at the small cottage. Alex helped the girls with their things before they went inside the cozy home. Standing in the family room was Phoebe and she was holding the tiny bundle that was Calypso's new little sister in her arms.

          "Come meet your sister." Rania urged Calypso forward. Phoebe handed the baby to Calypso and her eyes widened slightly as Alex helped her reposition the baby in her arms.

           Maverick was tiny and soft, but her eyes were wide open as she stared at Calypso curiously. She had Alex's wide, dark brown eyes and a small tuft of brown hair on her head.

            "Cool." Calypso said after a while. Rania and Alex grinned at each other before Rania lifted Maverick from Calypso's arms to feed her.

            Calypso and Karma made their way down to the beach while Phoebe worked on preparing steak and kidney pies for them.

            "Has your mum said anything about you visiting Aerin?" Karma asked. Their trousers were rolled up above their ankles as they aimlessly walked around in the water.