Chapter Fifty-Eight

"Go! Go! Go!"

        Lily rushed Calypso down the long hallway of the Evan's house, their laughter and footsteps filling up the room as Petunia's shrieks echoed in the background. Calypso laughed as she and Lily crashed into the girl's bedroom, giggling as Lily shut and locked the door behind them before she whirled on Calypso.

           "Did you see the look on her face?"

           "Priceless!" Calypso exclaimed, giving Lily a high five before giving her a proud smile. "I never thought you had it in you, Evans, but you just might be a Marauder in the making."

             Lily playfully rolled her eyes, but Calypso could tell from the small smile on her face that she was reveling in the prank they pulled on Petunia. After having to endure Petunia's snarky comments and her side eyes, Calypso got fed up with seeing her friend treated so poorly by her sister and suggested a little harmless fun to get back at Petunia. The pranks were ones she had used with the boys back at school — changing the color of Petunia's hair, scaring her with a rubber snake — but it, at least, got Lily smiling and laughing.

               "That'd be the day." Lily commented before throwing herself onto her bed, staring up at the various Gryffindor paraphernalia that decorated her walls while Calypso took a seat at the desk and aimlessly rummaged through the pile of letters Mercury had dropped off. They had to return to Hogwarts soon and Calypso found herself dreading her return to the castle. She knew how many students and their families read the Prophet and would believe the things that were being written about her, not that they had any reason not to.

           Calypso's brows pulled together the more she thought about what she was getting ready to walk into. Lily glanced over at her, noticing the look on the girl's face.

             "Worrying about school again?" Lily asked. Calypso sighed, turning around in the chair to face her friend. 

              "That obvious?"

              "You shouldn't worry about what they think about you, Cal. Really. Eventually, the truth will come out and everyone will know that you had nothing to do with the attack or Aerin's disappearance." Lily said, reassuringly. Calypso nodded, knowing that Lily was right but she couldn't shake the feeling of dread she got whenever she thought about school. 

              "Hopefully." Calypso shrugged. She only hoped that Dumbledore's return to the castle meant he would finally start telling her things again — starting with who he sent to infiltrate the Death Eaters. Dorcas and Sirius tried asking around amongst the other members of the Order, but everyone remained extremely tight-lipped on the subject, including Fabian and Gideon. 

               Mrs. Evans called them down for a big breakfast to celebrate Calypso's last day staying at the house. Being able to stay at Lily's felt like taking a break from the wizarding world. She was surrounded entirely by Muggles for the first time in her life and got  to see their way of life. Lily's parents didn't casually use magic to perform everyday chores and most people didn't wear robes when walking down the street. But, the best part was Lily's family. Apart from Petunia, Calypso felt welcomed the moment she stepped inside their home and Mrs. Evans reminded Calypso a bit of her own mother, which made her heart squeeze whenever she thought too long about the similarities between the two of them.