Chapter Seventeen

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Two voices said, jumping out from behind the corridor Calypso rounded on. She screamed, causing a few people to look over in her direction, and clutched her chest as she stared into the smirking faces of Fabian and Gideon Prewett.

         "Merlin, you nearly petrified me to death!" Calypso exclaimed at them, smacking their arms. The twins laughed and held out a tiny present for her. She eyed it suspiciously.

          "Is she not going to take our present, Fabian?" Gideon asked his brother.

          "It'd be rude if she didn't, don't you think, Gideon?" Fabian asked.

         "It'd be very rude."

         "This is a trap. I want you both to know that I know this a trap." Calypso said, but she took the present anyway and pulled the lid off. A blue puff of smoke exploded from the box and covered her entire face. It smelled sweet, like candy, but she coughed as Fabian and Gideon roared with laughter. "Pretty weak prank if the only thing it does is make blue smoke appear."

         "That's not the only thing that's blue." Fabian and Gideon laughed before running off. Calypso's eyes widened and she ran into the bathroom, screaming in horror when she caught sight of her blue hair.

         She ran out of the bathroom, face bright red, as she searched for the Prewett twins with a determined look on her face. She wasn't going to let them get away with this even if she got stuck with a month's detention as punishment.

        She stopped in front of the Fat Lady.

        "Albatross." She said.

        The portrait swung open and Calypso dashed into the common room.

        "Happy Bir — what happened to you?" Remus asked. He, James, Peter, and Sirius were seated on the floor of the common room around each other. Peter dove onto the ground to cover up the birthday present they were working on for Calypso when she stormed into the room.

          "You look like a blueberry." James chuckled.

         "Have Fabian and Gideon come 'round here? I want to give them a piece of my mind —" Calypso waved her curled fist around angrily as Sirius laughed and stood up from the floor. He placed his arms on Calypso's shoulders and guided her over to them.

         "Calm down, Cal, we'll get them back."

           "Really?" Calypso asked, her voice full of hope.

          "Oh, yes." James said mischeviously. He slapped Calypso's shoulder when she sat down on the couch beside him. "Happy birthday, Callie."

         "Thanks, Jamesy." Calypso turned to the boys, ignoring the way Peter was sprawled out on the ground. "So, how are we going to get them back?"

         "Don't you think that if we prank them that they could just prank us again, and that'll create a never-ending cycle?" Remus asked. He smiled at Calypso. "Happy birthday, by the way."

        "Thanks, Remus." She said brightly. "And, who cares? They deserve to be pranked."

        "It'd start an all out war! And we know what happened the last time we had a prank war." Remus said.

        "Ah, yes," James sighed wistfully, "The Great Prank War of 1972."

       "Which I won." Calypso stated proudly.

       "Only because you cheated." Sirius said.

        Calypso gasped and kicked Sirius, making him fall over.