Chapter Fifty-Nine

The snow began to melt around the grounds as February arrived. Calypso stared out of the window during her Transfiguration lesson with Professor McGonagall, her mind too preoccupied to focus on her favorite teacher. It had been nearly two months since the attack on Diagon Alley and Calypso was as anxious as ever to find out if Maverick, Alex, and Aerin were okay or alive. She'd spent the last few weeks teaching Eloise Occlumency and Legilimency, which proved to be a lot harder than Calypso thought it was going to be. Because Calypso was a natural at the skills, Eloise had a harder time keeping up with her. But, Eloise was fast-learner and that day, the day before their first Apparition lessons of the year, was when Eloise was going to infiltrate the Death Eaters.

       McGonagall dismissed them and Calypso was the first one out of her chair. She stood up so abruptly that it startled Dorcas but Calypso barely glanced at her friend as she dashed out of the classroom, ignoring the calls of her boyfriend, Remus, Peter, and James behind her.

        Calypso made her way towards the greenhouses where she knew the Slytherins would be coming from after Herbology. Evan stood beside Rabastan with his hands buried in the pants of his trousers. Calypso ducked behind a tree before either of them had a chance to spot her.

          She waited with bated breath, her eyes darting between the doors that led to the castle and Evan and Rabastan. The longer she waited, the more nervous she became that something had gone wrong — maybe Eloise wouldn't be able to follow through with their plan or maybe something had happened.

        Before Calypso's mind could begin to form all the different possibilities of what could go wrong, the double doors to the castle swung open. Some of the other Slytherins who were walking towards the castle jumped at the sound before craning their necks to see a very pissed off looking Hufflepuff. Calypso didn't recognize the boy, but she didn't think she'd ever seen someone look so angry. The Hufflepuff pulled out his wand and aimed it directly at Evan.

      "ROSIER!" His voice thundered. Evan and Rabastan abruptly stopped in their places. Evan tilted his head to the side and Calypso could see him narrow his eyes as he tried to figure out who the boy was. The Hufflepuff held his wand unwaveringly in his hand. "Pick up your wand."

      Evan merely raised his brow.

     "Excuse me?" Evan asked. Calypso could see Rabastan's hand lingering by the pocket of his robes where his wand was stashed.

       "You heard me," The Hufflepuff repeated. Calypso frowned, wondering who this boy was and how Eloise convinced him to face off with Evan. The remaining Slytherins began to gather around, eager to see a fight between the two boys. "You and your sister think you have everybody fooled, don't you? But I know what kind of person you are, Rosier."

        "Do you?" Evan asked, a hint of amusement in his voice. He exchanged a look with Rabastan before stepping forward, attempting to maneuver around the Hufflepuff. But, the boy stood his ground and blocked Evan's path. Calypso could practically see the rage rolling off Evan in waves. "Mate, you really don't want to do this."

        Evan barely had time to finish his sentence when the Hufflepuff launched a spell at him. Evan stepped aside, allowing the spell to hit a Slytherin girl behind him while Rabastan pulled out his wand at lightning speed. Calypso said a stunning spell that blasted Rabastan off his feet.

        The Hufflepuff turned to Evan, but Evan had his wand out and a fierce look of determination in his eyes. He furiously threw spell after spell at the Hufflepuff that the boy tried to block, but Calypso could see on his face that it was beginning to become harder for him to keep up. Just as Calypso was about to step in before Evan could do major damage, the doors leading to the field swung open again except this time Eloise came calmly walking out with her wand in hand. Without making a single sound, she pointed it at the Hufflepuff. He fell to the side, limp and unconscious while Evan stood over him, looking slightly surprised as he stared at Eloise.