Chapter 17

*KATHRYN'S POV*

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as I maneuvered my pencil aimlessly around my notebook paper. I just doodled whatever came to mind. And in this case, it was Chuck Taylor's. So here I was, drawing shoes in my notebook. I felt a presence next to me, but I ignored it, figuring it was just Louis.
"Quite impressive, Kathryn." Harry spoke beside me. I whipped my head around and sure enough, there he was, sitting in Louis' usual seat.
"What are you doing here?" I questioned.
"I came in here to talk to Mr. Worgan about something. I'm in his class earlier in the day." He explained.
"Then why aren't you talking to Mr. Worgan?" I asked him.
"Love, I've already spoken to him." He told me, a smirk appearing on his lips.
"Then why are you still here?" I asked him.
"Jesus Kathryn why do you ask so many questions?" Harry commented, a chuckle escaping his lips.
"I..."
"It wasn't an actual question for you to answer love, just a statement." He interrupted me.
I rolled my eyes.
"Ugh look who's here." Harry said getting up.
Louis was standing in the doorway to the classroom, watching me and Harry.
"Goodbye Kathryn." Harry said walking away from me.

*LOUIS' POV*

I walked into the quiet classroom to take my usual seat, when I saw that someone else was sitting there.
Harry.
He was having an actual conversation with Kathryn.
He turned around and as soon as he saw me, he got up from his seat saying one last thing to Kathryn. He walked toward me patting my back as he spoke, "Sorry mate I couldn't resist."
He was about to continue walking out the door when I grabbed him by the shoulder.
"Listen mate." I sneered, "I told you to stay away from her for a reason."
I took a quick glance at Kathryn to make sure she didn't witness the scene I was causing with Harry. Just I thought, she had her head buried in that notebook of hers.
"Sorry Louis." Harry smirked, "I just see her around all the time. Who knows... maybe fate is bringing us together."
As intimidating as I thought I looked, Harry looked twice as intimidating as me. Especially because of height, it was impossible for me to even try to stand up to Harry. Maybe that's why he always gets his way.
"I actually care about Kathryn. I don't want you to-"
"Jesus, don't worry Louis. I won't hurt her okay?" Harry assured me, "And besides, it's not like we're dating."
"Yet." he mumbled, a small smirk on his lips.
I was about to say something else, but Harry darted out of the room immediately after I said that.
I sighed and took a glance at the now empty seat next to Kathryn.
As I sat next to her, she continued to keep her attention to her notebook.
Class was now starting, and more students flooded the room.
Kathryn set her notebook to the side and looked up to the teacher.
Once he began his lecture, I nudged Kathryn and whispered, "Why were you talking to Harry?"
"Pay attention Louis." She said in response.
"I told you to stay away with him." I continued.
"We'll talk about this later." She replied, "In case you've forgotten, we're still going to that concert tonight."
"Fine, we'll talk later." I gave in.
So for the rest of class, I tried my hardest to pay attention.
That mostly failed because of the horrid thought that Harry fancies Kathryn. It was more of an assumption than a fact, but knowing Harry... there was no doubt that he was into Kathryn.
I mean- Kathryn's looks can get any guy interested, but her personality can scare them away.
And that was why I didn't want Harry to get to know her.
Harry could potentially ruin her.
He was a smart guy; he knew exactly how to get what he wanted. But this time, I was not going to let that happen.

"So where are we headed first?" Kathryn asked me as we walked out to the car park.
"Well the gates don't open till 6, so we've got quite the time to spare." I replied as we climbed inside my car, "Where would you like to go Kathryn?"

"Maybe we could both head home and get ready and you can come pick me up at uh... 5:30?" She suggested.
"Sounds good." I responded, and we took off.