Chapter 52

*Kathryn's POV*

Louis had gotten a lot better. He didn't seem so sad anymore. He was going to school, and he was smiling. I was glad he was able to get though it. It had been a couple of weeks since the break up, I would have thought he would take a couple of month to get over it, but I guess not. He didn't seem like he was very in love with her anymore, so maybe that was it.
I looked over at Louis and he was staring at me.
"You're being creepy." I laughed, "Why do you always do that."
"Oh." He blushed suddenly, "I didn't realize, sorry."
I laughed harder, leaning into his shoulder.
This only made him blush more, and I thought he was adorable.
"I've got to get ready for work." I told him.
He nodded, getting back to his homework.

*Louis' POV*

I didn't know why I was acting like this. I didn't feel so alone, because Kathryn had been acting different since she moved in, but I didn't know why I was like that all of a sudden.
I was debating on whether to ask someone, or maybe look it up. Maybe I was still sad about Jessica. Although, I didn't really feel sad anymore. It was as if Kathryn had taken Jessica's place. So, when Jessica left, I had Kathryn to replace her.
I pulled out my phone and typed in,
'Love symptoms'.
I read to myself the usual symptoms.
Increased heart rate, increased breathing..
Being in love generally improves your mood.
I mumbled to myself,
"You catch yourself staring, overlook all bad qualities, want to be with them all the time, and you constantly think about them-"

"What are you reading?" Kathryn chimed in, making me flinch and drop my phone.
"N-nothing! Nothing." I answered.
"You sure?"
"Yes."
She shrugged and pulled me into a hug. I rested my forehead on hers and looked into her eyes. I felt her heart beating against mine. She quickly pulled away.
"Well, I gotta go catch the bus now." She said, avoiding my gaze. We both said goodbye and she walked out the door.

.
.

"Hey buddy! Haven't talked to you in a while!" Niall exclaimed over the phone.

"Yeah I know, we really should hang out soon." I told him, "Anyway, I need some advice."

"If it's about Jessica I can't help you. And Kathryn has said you were better about it anyway-"

"No, no that's not it." I interrupted him.

"What is it?"

"Okay, well..." I started, "I always find myself staring at my friend, and when she touches me my heart beats really fast, and I'm always blushing around her. I mean, it seems like she's like that around me too but-"

"Are you talking about you and Kathryn?"

"Yeah... How did you know?"
"I mean, it's obvious. Everyone thinks that she's the reason you and Jessica broke up in the first place." He told me.

"What?"
"They think you like her."
I didn't say anything in response.

"Shit... Do you?!"
"I- I don't know... That's what I wanted to ask you."

"Well by the stuff you said, it sounds like you like her."
"What do I do?"
"Whatever you want, dude." He responded, "If you still want to be friends with her, just let it stay as it is. If you want to be more that friends, tell her."

"Okay, thanks Niall."
"Keep me updated, okay?"
I said goodbye and we hung up the phone.
I was absolutely terrified of what I wanted to do.