Chapter 51

*Kathryn's Pov*

I saw Louis with his hair all over the place, and his bloodshot, puffy eyes. He had puke on his shirt, and he looked drunk as hell. There was a broken beer bottle on the floor which had shattered everywhere.
This must've been why he hadn't picked me up.
"What happened?"
Louis didn't say anything at first, he just stared at me.
"Are you okay, Louis?"
"Jessica- she... Cheated on me." He hiccuped.
To me, this wasn't a surprise. I was able to easily piece together the rest of the story.
"I'm so sorry, Louis. For now though, I want you to go to sleep, okay?" I told him, "I'll talk to you about it when you're sober."
Tears emerged from his eyes as he whined about Jessica, but I just lifted his head up to meet my eyes. This calmed him down a bit.
"You'll feel better in the morning okay? I'm here for you, don't forget." I reminded him.
He nodded, tears still falling from his eyes. Although it absolutely killed me to see him cry, I knew the best thing for him was to get him to go to bed.
He began to stumble to his room, before I heard him wail in sadness.

"This- they ..."
Louis mumbled something about not sleeping there, but I couldn't understand most of it. He was mostly blubbering in sadness because he was in the room he and Jessica shared, I think.
"Hey, hey, calm down okay?" I said softly, "I'm going to grab you a new shirt because yours has puke on it, and you can sleep in my room."
He didn't say anything as I went to his wardrobe and grabbed a plain gray shirt.
I snaked my arm around the middle of his back and helped him walk to my room, and sat him on my bed.
"You need to take this off." I told him, slightly tugging on his shirt.
He just looked at me in confusion, and I rolled my eyes in response.
It would've been so much easier to deal with this if he didn't get drunk.
I slipped it off myself as he looked blankly into space.
I could feel myself blush when I saw his toned tattooed chest, but I figured he wouldn't notice because of his drunken state.
He lifted his arms up, aiding me in putting his shirt on for him.
"Okay, I'm going to get you some water and Advil. I want you to take them."
He didn't say anything in response, and he just watched me walk away.
He took the pills and drank the water silently.
He got under the blankets, and I turned off the lights for him.
"Need anything else before I go to the living room?"
"What..?"
"I'm gonna go to bed in the living room."
"No- no... Can you sleep with me?" He asked.
"Y-yeah."
I got under the blankets with him, and faced the opposite direction.

"Goodnight."
I didn't hear a response.

.
.
.

I woke up tangled in Louis's arms. My eyes widened immediately as I struggled out of his grasp. I figured it was because he was used to Jessica sleeping with him.
I decided to make breakfast for him, hoping it would make him feel a little better.

*Louis's Pov*

I woke up alone in Kathryn's room. I vaguely remembered her coming home and sleeping with me in her bed. And of course I remembered what Jessica had done.
My head hurt like hell, and I felt like I couldn't get up.

I saw Kathryn pass by the doorway, and I called her name.
"Louis, you're up!" She exclaimed, "Did you sleep okay?"
I shrugged, avoiding her gaze.
"Do you need anything?"
I shrugged again.
"You should get up, I'm making breakfast." She held out her hand and helped me get out of her bed.
I was silent as her hand gripped mine, leading me to the kitchen.
The kitchen was completely spotless, and the beer I must've gotten drunk off of was in the recycle, as I saw it was almost full now. I began to feel dizzy and my head was throbbing, so I sat on the couch in the living room.
I watched Kathryn cook from there. She was making pancakes with the new ingredients we bought yesterday. She wore long pajama pants and a tank top.
I was startled as she turned around and looked at me, and grinned lightly. She walked over and handed me a plate of pancakes, and sat next to me with her own plate.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Jessica." She said after a long period of silence.
I just sighed in response.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
"No... I just want to forget." I mumbled.
"It's not that easy- trust me, I would know."
"I know." I replied, "It'll be easier though with you here."

I felt her wrap her arms around me, telling me it was going to be okay. I clung on to her as if she was my savior. It sure felt like she was.
We stayed like that for a long time, and it made me feel a little better.
Kathryn was amazing, and at that moment, she was everything to me.

.
.

"Do you need anything?" She asked again.
"I don't know." I answered.
"I'm going to buy us some movies, okay?" She told me, "Horror movies, so we'll have something more to to."
I nodded, and she walked over to me. She embraced me again, kissing my cheek before she left. My cheek tingled on the place she kissed it, and my heart was racing.
Of course, this was nothing new.