Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning alone, with Jessica no longer by my side. I usually slept in on days I didn't have classes. I got up and went to the kitchen to get some tea. I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost twelve. I should've expected that considering how much fun Jessica and I had the night before, we both were very tired the next morning. I groaned and quickly finished my tea. I was shirtless and only in my boxers, and I didn't want Kathryn to see me like that. I shrugged it off and prepared myself breakfast. I grabbed a bowl and some milk and poured myself some Shreddies. I had only eaten about 3 spoonfuls when there was a knock on the door. I complained to myself as I ran to my dresser. I put on a plain white shirt. There was a knock again, but louder. "One minute Kathryn!" I yelled as I pulled up my jeans. I fixed my hair a little and ran back to the door. "Sorry love, I just woke up and I had to put actual clothes on." I told her, letting her inside.
"Okay." Was all she said in response.
"Uh, well let's get this project started." I said as we sat on the couch.
"So, what exactly are we supposed to do?" I asked hesitantly, knowing that I was already supposed to know that information.
"We're supposed to do a project about some musical artist and we have to see them in concert."
"Okay, well in that case, what music artists do you like?" I questioned.
"Well I'm really into The Fray, Coldplay, bands like that." She answered.
"I guess we'll do a project on the Fray then, they have a concert coming up soon, and I have tickets." I told her.
"Really?" She asked.
"Yeah, I've got two. I was planning on going with my girlfriend, but she doesn't even like The Fray so she won't mind if you steal her ticket. I mean, it's only for a project." I answered.
"Are you sure your girlfriend wouldn't mind?" She questioned, "I don't want to make any new enemies,"
"No, no don't worry she'll be fine. We're nothing more than friends," I assured her.
"More like acquaintances, but yeah sure," She answered with a fake smile.
"Why can't we be friends?" I shifted closer to her on the couch.
"I don't have a lot of friends."
"You're kidding right?" I asked.
"No I'm not." She answered, scooting away from me, "Why the hell is this surprising to you?"
"I don't know... it just seems that a girl like you-" I stopped myself from what I wanted to say.
"A girl like me...?"
"Never mind," I started, "What's so bad about friends?"
"Friends don't stick by you. They just use you until they don't like you anymore and then they just leave," Kathryn stated.
"That's not true -"
"Well it is for me," Kathryn interrupted me, "Let's just get back to the project."
"We've already got enough for the project, we're going to a concert in 2 weeks we have to see it and then we can start it," I told her, "I wanna know why I can't be your friend."
"Because your annoying."
"You're rude Kathryn. Maybe that's the real reason you don't have any friends."
"I'm leaving," She said, grabbing her backpack.
"Fine then. I'll see you tomorrow so I can annoy you even further." I smirked.
"Maybe I'll drop the class," She neared the door, walking backward as she tried to intimidate me.
"No you won't." I said getting up.
"Watch me." She told me smiling, as if she was impressed with her comeback.
"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow Kathryn." I pushed her out the door, closing it.