Chapter 12

The rest of the weekend rolled along pretty easily. I didn't see Harry again at the bar, and I didn't see Louis all weekend. We texted each other, and sometimes he would call me because he was bored, or if he just wanted to talk to me. We weren't close because we knew nothing about each other, but we acted close. We acted like best friends; we acted like we've known each other for years. But in reality it's been a week.

One week.

But I enjoyed hanging out with him, I couldn't deny that. I was hoping that he felt the same way. It was nice to have a friend. Someone who has your back... like Louis demonstrated when he came to my house. I guess I was missing out all that time... I shouldn't have just given up.

I found myself thinking about Louis a lot that weekend. I guess it's because he's the only being on this earth that gives a fuck about me.

I sighed as I changed the song on my iPhone, staring into space in the now empty club.
Even though it was Sunday, and I had classes tomorrow, I still had to work my dreaded shift all the way 'till midnight. Even if no one was here.

*LOUIS' POV*

"Babe, what are we eating tonight?" I asked my girlfriend, who was seated on the opposite end of the couch.
"Maybe we can order a pizza." Jessica suggested.
"I'd rather not... considering I've been around pizza all weekend. The smell starts to get old."
"Okay... well what about Chinese?" She asked. I scooted closer to her, as I lied my head on her shoulder. "Or... we could go out..." I started.
"I don't wanna go out, Louis." Jessica complained.
"Oh come on Jess, we never go out." I began, "I feel like a bad boyfriend 'cause I never take you anywhere."
"You don't need to take me anywhere, I can manage myself." Jessica stated.
"But I wanna go out..." I pouted, "Don't you wanna go out with me baby...?"
"Not tonight, Lou. Maybe another night." Jessica said as she stared at her phone screen. I sighed in defeat as I looked at the Telly, then back at Jessica.
"What are you doing?" I questioned. I tried to peek over at her phone screen, but she locked it.
"Hm?"
"I said what are you doing." I stated.
"Oh nothing." She responded, as she went back on her phone again.
"Ok, well I'm gonna order Chinese then." I said pulling out my phone. I found the number and called them.
"Babe, is there anything specific that you want?" I asked her as it was ringing.
"No, I'll just have whatever you have." She replied. So I ordered what I usually got.
I sat right next to Jessica, but she completely ignored me, whatever she was doing on her phone took away all attention towards me. I lied my head in her lap, hoping to at least get a glance from her, but that failed.
I couldn't even see her face because that stupid phone was in the way. So I snatched it from her hands and looked to see what she was doing.
"Who's Marcus?" I asked her.
"Just a friend, don't worry." She replied. I looked at their conversation, and it did seem pretty friendly. She was talking about me. "Ah, so your bragging about our relationship?" I questioned, as I set her phone down on the ground so she wouldn't play with it anymore.
"Well yeah." She stated, "3 years is a long time."
"It is isn't it?" I started. And that made me think.

"Maybe we're ready to move to the next step." I thought. I looked at her, thinking, "Is this the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with?"
Before I could answer my own thoughts, I was interrupted.
Jessica gave me a weird look.
"What?" She questioned, "Why are you looking at me like that?"
I smiled as I grabbed her hands, "Because you're beautiful." She just rolled her eyes, and then the doorbell rang. She brought in a couple boxes, which was the food I ordered. She set them on the dining table and we both sat down. We both started eating. I picked up some teriyaki chicken with my chopsticks, and held it to Jessica's mouth. I fed it to her, and she smiled as she chewed it,
"Why do you always do that?" She questioned.
"Do what?" I asked as I ate some of the rice.
"You always feed me whenever we eat together." She stated.
"Oh I don't know." I replied honestly, "I want to make you fell like you're my princess."
She laughed at my cheesy comment and replied with, "Alright, Lou."
"Do you feel like a princess?" I asked her.
"Uh... sure, I guess." She replied.
"That's good enough for me." I decided, giving her a side hug as she continued eating.
We ate the rest of our meal in silence, as Jessica was back on her phone. I went on my phone as well, and texted Kathryn.
*Hey*
*Hi.* She replied.
*Wyd?*
*I'm still at work. My shift is until 12 all weekend.* She answered.
*Aw that sucks :(* I told her, trying my hardest to not fall into the pool of awkwardness that always seemed to happen when talking to her.
*Louis, where is this conversation leading...?* She questioned. I laughed to myself at the fact that she always seems to think I'm have a reason to text her, in which I don't. I just want to.
*Absolutely nowhere Kathryn. I just felt like texting you, that's all.* I told her.
*Okay* She ended.
*Sooo* I continued.
*Bye Louis, I have to get back to work.* She texted me.
*Fine then.* I responded. I looked at Jessica, and she was still on her phone. I rolled my eyes, and got up from the table to go take a shower. By the time I finished and I was going to bed, Jessica was still on her phone. I lied in bed alone, waiting for her. I heard the shower turn on after a few minutes, but I guess I fell asleep waiting for her.