Chapter 36

*LOUIS' POV*

Although Kathryn was acting quite odd, I decided to not worry about it. It was quite difficult to get secrets out of her anyways, and not all things needed to be shared with others.

"Did you wake your lover?" Jessica scoffed once seeing me re-enter the room.

"Yeah." I answered, "I woke you like half an hour ago."

She rolled her eyes,
"Kathryn. Did you wake Kathryn."

"Yes. She's awake now. I'm gonna get her when you're done making breakfast." I answered.

"I guess I'll just never finish making breakfast then." She sneered.

"Oh come on, Jess." I remarked, "You said you were going to be nice to her."

"She's not here is she?"

"Yeah, but-"

"It's not mean if she can't hear it." She interrupted me.
She set the spatula down on the frying pan, which currently was holding scrambled eggs.

"I gotta get ready for work, Lou." She said as she stretched her arms.

"You were being serious?" I questioned, "You aren't finishing breakfast now because of Kathryn?"

"I'm not finishing breakfast because I have to get ready for work." She responded, "You aren't that bad at cooking; I'm sure you can finish it. All you have to do is finish those eggs. Everything else is already done."

And with that, she left the room.

"Great." I mumbled to myself, "Looks like we're eating burnt eggs."

I suddenly felt another presence in the room.

"I thought you were getting ready-"
I turned around to see it was Kathryn, not Jessica.

"Never mind." I began, "So... did you dream anything last night?"

"No." she answered, "Do you need help?"

"Oh with the eggs?" I questioned, "Well sure, I mean since you're offering-"
She walked up next to me and took the spatula from my hand. She pushed me aside, and began to cook the eggs herself.

"Kathryn, you were acting quite strange when you woke up." I began, "Do you wanna tell me what's up?"

"No." She answered quickly, "Let's just drop it."
I shrugged as I sat down on the counter next to her.

*KATHRYN'S POV*

My pulse quickened as he sat next to me on the counter.

I let out a shaky breath as he kept talking.

"The support group is today." He spoke as he swung his legs back and forth.

"When?"

"At one." He answered, "I'll drive you."
I took a small glance at him, smiling at how childish he looked.
His hair was slightly messy, and he was wearing grey sweats and a shirt that hung loosely around his shoulders.

He sighed as he leaned on the cabinet next to him.

"How long does it take to make eggs?" He complained.

"I'm done." I replied, turning the burner off.
Louis reached up and grabbed a plate from the cabinet next to him and handed it to me.
I poured the scrambled eggs on the plate, and then set it on the table.

Louis and I ate our breakfast in awkward silence, the only noise being the occasional clanging sound of our forks.
Jessica walked in giving me an evil glare, but it was soon replaced by an affectionate stare toward Louis.

"Hey Lou I'm gonna skip breakfast." She told him.
"But we made too much for just Kathryn and I..." He began.

"It's fine, Louis. I'm sure you two can finish it." She responded, "I have work; I've got to go."

Louis rose from his seat and brought Jessica in for a short sweet kiss.
As he was pulling away, she slid her hand around his neck and kissed him some more.
I looked down towards my food as they made out.
She was absolutely doing this on purpose.

"I love you." Louis told her, his voice sounding exactly as it did in my dream.
I saw Jessica glance at me as she replied with, "I love you too, Louis."

I rised from my chair with my hands set on the table.
"I'll just go to my room." I spoke quickly.
I sped out of there as soon as I could, not wanting for this situation to be any more awkward.
I slammed the door and leaned on it as I fell slowly to the floor.
I stared into my temporary bedroom as I began to think.

I didn't like her.
I didn't like Jessica.
She was an obnoxious, rude, selfish little bitch and I could tell that she didn't even love Louis.
She didn't deserve him.
He deserved someone who appreciated him, and the little things he did. Like... making breakfast.
He deserved someone who would do little things for him as well, without expecting anything back.

It just made me mad that he actually put up with her.
I mean - she treated her friends better than she treated him.

I didn't know why all these thoughts were crossing my mind at that moment.

Just seeing them make out right in front of me, and them saying "I love you"...
I didn't know why... but it made me angry.

Why was I feeling this way?

Was I ...jealous?

I shook the thought away, thinking of how ridiculous that would be.

Why would I be jealous of Jessica?

I didn't fall for Louis...
We were only friends.

My door was pushed open, and I slid across the floor as I still leaned on it.

"Kathryn? What are you doing there?" Louis asked me.

"Sitting." I replied.

He didn't say anything as he walked past me, and sat on the bed.

"What's wrong." He demanded.

"What do you mean?" I answered glumly.

"I mean... this." He said gesturing to my body sitting on the floor, "You were really weird when you woke up, and now you seem mad. Are you mad?"

"No."

He stared at me for a couple seconds before getting off the bed, and sitting right in front of me on the floor.

He held my face in his hands as he spoke, "Please tell me what's the matter."

{HEYY here's this. Ily if u read this ok bye
And I love the ending here yeeeees}