Chapter 46

*Kathryn's POV*

I tried to find activities to distract me from the thought of Louis.
"Oh god he's probably talking about me now." I thought.
I shook my head, dismissing the thought from my head as I continued to sketch lines in my notebook.
I couldn't focus, and I scribbled out another drawing, starting over again.
I glanced at my phone, hoping so see it light up with a call or text from Louis, but there was nothing.
After a couple more minutes of ruined drawings, I made my way into the kitchen.
I sat there, looking into space wondering what to do.

I noticed the present Louis had gotten me, sitting on kitchen counter.
It was wrapped in red and green paper with a good bow, and it was fairly small.
I held it in my hand feeling that it was very light. I debated on whether to open it then or when Louis got home.

I was interrupted by the buzzing of my phone. I practically ran to it to find that it was only Harry.
*Are you and Louis good now?*
*No.*
*Oh, I didn't think this would be such a big deal to him..*
*I didn't either. I'll fix it though.*
*K.*

I then proceeded to making myself dinner.
I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup, which took some time.
As I was eating it, I again noticed the present Louis bought me.
Fuck it.
I tore it open to find 2 concert tickets with a folded note. The concert tickets were for one of my favorite bands, Death Cab for Cutie.
I unfolded the note and saw Louis's scrawled handwriting:
Kathryn,
Hey so I just wanted to tell you how much you mean to me because I'm not sure if you fully understand. You are my best friend. If I didn't have you everything would be so dull. You are the main source of my happiness right now, especially because of the tension between me and Jessica lately. I'm so grateful that I have you in my life, though. Thank you for being there for me, seriously. Merry Christmas.
-Louis :)

I couldn't help but smile as I finished the paragraph.
He was so amazing.
God, was he amazing.
I had almost forgotten about the stupid fight we had gotten into. I was still in belief that he was freaking out over nothing, and for once I didn't think it was my fault.

*Jessica's Pov*

All he fucking did the entire time was talk about her. And then after that, all he did was worry and stress about her. I was there the entire time with him and the only attention I got was getting to fall asleep next to him.
I was able to admit that I was jealous.

"Yeah, I know. I made it into a huge deal, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I called you a whore and everything, I was mad about it. I don't know why."
I faintly heard Louis's voice from in his room.
I pressed my ear to his door.
"It was a bad idea for me to go on a date with Harry too, I shouldn't have let him get me drunk it was a bad idea. Who knows what could've happened." I heard Kathryn's voice, but it sounded like it was coming from a speaker.
"Either way it's not my business, I'm not supposed to be telling you what to do." Louis told her.

I yelped as I felt myself fall into his room. His door wasn't closed all the way, so when I had leaned on it I simply fell, revealing my nosiness.

"What was that?" Kathryn asked through the phone, her stupid face glowing on the screen.
"I'm gonna have to call you back, actually. I have to talk to Jessica real quick." Louis explained, looking me straight in the eye.
"Ok, I guess. Bye."
The phone was  hung up as Louis and I sat there in silence.

"Why were you eavesdropping?" He simply asked.
"I don't know..." I replied, "It's just..."
"Just what Jessica? Spit it out, come on." He urged me.

"I haven't been getting much attention on this trip. I don't know, you've been talking about her and to her this whole time-"
"It's been hard to talk to you since you spend all your time on your phone." He interrupted me.
"I've been on my phone because you don't pay attention to me!" I exclaimed.
"So what then- you want me to give you more attention? Is that it? That's why you were eavesdropping?" He questioned.
"Uh... Sure." I agreed.
"Alright. I'll do that. After I've finished talking to Kathryn, if you don't mind."
Anger was boiling inside me.
"Of course you'll choose her over me. Why am I even fucking surprised!" I yelled, "Fuck you."
"You're being over dramatic, love. I'll be all yours in no time at all." He smiled.
"Ugh!" I threw my arms into the air as a stomped my way downstairs.
Louis's whole family was staring at me, but I didn't care.
"Mrs. Tomlinson, I'd like to go home. I've had a lovely time with you all, truly. I'm just getting a little fed up with Louis at the moment, and I'd rather not deal with it right now." I told her.
"Darling I'm sure you don't need to go home yet, you and Louis can work it out-"
"No- I'm sorry. Not this time, please understand." I didn't want her to think I was being dramatic, because this was really pissing me off.
"Alright dear, are you planning on getting a train home?" She asked me.
"Yes, today if possible."
"The last train leaves at 7, so I'd suggest you hurry and get your things together. I'll find someone to drive you to the station." She smiled. I thanked her profusely.
I barged into Louis's room to see that he was still FaceTiming Kathryn.
"Jessica chill out I told you I'd hang out with you soon- wait what are you doing?" He questioned.

"Leaving. I want some space. You need to think about how you're treating me versus how you're treating her." I responded.
"What? You're being insane-"
And before he finished I was out of the room and in the car with Lottie.