Chapter 49

*Kathryn's POV*

I couldn't help but feel like I should've told Louis. But then again, it would've put him under a lot of stress.
Jessica was at Tesco with Marcus, and they were holding hands. To me it had seemed like a big deal. If I would've told Louis, he would've caused a big scene right then and there. Selfishly, I didn't tell him because I wanted him all to myself for once.
And I didn't want it to hurt him, of course.

.
.

Louis was lying on top of me.
My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest because of how fast it was beating. I could feel his heart beating too however, and after what seemed like forever, he got off of me and went to his room.

I was at a loss for words.
I didn't know what to do? Was I supposed to go to his room and ask him what the fuck just happened? Or maybe I was supposed to just leave him be?
I decided to go with the first option because I was interested to know.

"Hey, Louis?" I questioned, knocking on the door lightly.
The door opened a crack and I saw his eyes appear from behind it.
He then opened it all the way to let me inside his room.
"Hey." He simply said.
"Are- are you okay?" I asked him.
"Not really." He answered honestly, "I really don't know what's going on with me. I promise you I'll explain it when I figure it out myself."
"You ...promise?"
"Yes Kathryn, I promise." He looked at the ground as he spoke, as if he was purposely avoiding my gaze.
"Okay." My voice was so quiet, it was almost a whisper.
"I know this is a weird question, but do you remember when we kissed?" He asked me.
"Yeah..?"
"Do you... Regret that?" He questioned, "Be honest."
"I don't regret it because it didn't really do anything. It didn't make anything awkward between us, and that would be the only way I'd regret it."
"I- I don't regret it either." He said quietly.
I felt him grab my hand and hold it in his. I could feel my heart racing in response, which was nothing new.
He leaned against my shoulder, and he whispered something to himself that I couldn't hear.

.
.
.
We enjoyed each other's company for a while just sitting on his bed, hand in hand, with his head rested on my shoulder.

"I want to apologize to Jessica."

He broke the silence and I looked at him in bewilderment.
"You do?" I asked.
"Yes."
"For what?"
"For... I don't know- not making her happy? For whatever she feels is wrong with our relationship." He told me, "I want us to be okay again. I feel guilty for not seeing her as soon as I got back."
"I uh- okay..." I answered.
"I'm gonna apologize tomorrow after work."
"Doesn't your work end late?"
"Sorta, yeah. It ends around 8, but I have homework to do tomorrow." He explained.
"Okay, well..." I didn't know what to say. I didn't think he needed to apologize for anything.
"Good luck." I finished.
"Thanks." He replied, "Where do you think she is?"
I shrugged, not wanting to make him unhappy by mentioning Marcus.
"She's probably with Marcus." He scoffed.
I sighed at the irony of the situation.
"... Yeah." I replied.

A.N :
This is a short chapter because if I would've included any of the conflict coming up it would be too long