Chapter 38

*LOUIS' POV*

A laugh escaped my lips as I watched her flee to her room. I didn't know why she was acting so nervous today, but I found it a little amusing. Only because she was usually so carefree about everything, and now she was acting the complete opposite. I had assumed it was just because we lived in the same household now, and maybe this was how she acted around her flatmates.
It would make sense because her old flatmates were assholes.
I just didn't know why she was acting like that around me. She should've known that I was nothing like them.

I walked to my bedroom and changed into a warm jumper and skinny jeans. I then sorted out my hair a bit, and I slipped on some shoes.

I walked down to the kitchen to find my wallet, seeing that I had 72 pounds, and some coins.

Would that be enough?

I walked down the hallway to Kathryn's room, opening the door.

"I only have 70 pounds, do you think-"

"Get out!" Kathryn screamed, covering her chest as she frantically ran to hide behind the bed.

I didn't say anything as I took in my situation.

"Oh shit, sorry."
I put my hand over my eyes, fighting back the smirk wanting to appear on my lips.
"I'll ask later."

"Yeah, good idea." She retorted.
I turned around, shutting the door behind me.

Of coarse that had to happen.

*KATHRYN'S POV*

I changed into a black and white flannel with skinny jeans and combat boots, after Louis had made his entry.
I was in the middle of doing my makeup when there was a knock on the door.
"At least he knocked this time." I mumbled to myself.
"Come in."
"Why are you putting on makeup?" Louis asked me, "You look the same without it."
I narrowed my eyes at him through the mirror.
"No I don't." I spat back at him, "I'm not done yet anyways."
He rolled his eyes.
"How much money do you think I'll need?" Louis asked me.
"What? Where are you taking me?" I questioned, turning around to look at him.
He shrugged, looking down.
"I was thinking about taking you to the shopping center, maybe."
"You don't need to spend money on me, you're already letting me stay in your apartment." I told him.
"I don't mind, really." He said truthfully, "I want to spend money on you."
"I feel like I'm a burden, like you don't want to be dragging me around." I began.
"If I thought that, you wouldn't be staying here." Louis explained, "I don't think that, I promise you."
I grinned at the sincerity in his voice, taking a glance at him in the mirror. I immediately looked away, seeing that he was already staring. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks as I looked to the ground.
"Um... Whatever you already have should be fine." I said quickly.
"Alright, well hurry up and finish getting ready." He told me, getting up from the bed.
I didn't say anything, and he pressed his lips in a straight line, nodding at my response. 

Silence filled the room as he walked out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I wondered why I was suddenly acting this way, or if it was even sudden.
Maybe I had always been like this, and I was just now noticing.
I put the lid of my mascara back on, and put it in my makeup bag.
After one last glance at my appearance in the mirror, I went to find Louis.

"Can we go?" He asked me.
"Yeah."

I followed him out the door, and to his car.
As soon as he began driving, I plugged in my headphones.
As I did that, he yanked one out of my ear.
"Why do you always do that?" He questioned.
"What?"
"Are you trying to avoid talking to me?" He asked me.
"No... I always do this." I told him.
"Well can you stop?" He proposed, "I have an AUX cord you can use if you really want to use it-"
"You do?" I interrupted him.
He nodded, placing a long black cord in my hand.
I pulled out my headphones, and plugged in the AUX cord in it's place. I continued the song that I was listening to, and I began to sing along.

"What song is this?" Louis questioned.
"House of Gold, by Twenty One Pilots." I answered.
He reached over and turned it up as a smirk appeared on my lips.
"They're like one of my favorite bands." I began,
"Their music is really cool. It has such a variety... The only thing I haven't heard in their music is country. I'm thankful for that."

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"I hate country music. It just sounds bad in general-"

"No, what do you mean by 'variety'?" He interrupted.

"Oh I mean like when you listen to their music, a lot of their songs sound different. It sounds like it could possibly be a different artist, and I think it's pretty unique how they do that." I explained.
He nodded, a small smile on his lips.

"And the lyrics are always so deep and meaningful, definitely in the rapping parts - if you really listen." I went on, "Especially if you can find a way to relate to them, like I do."

"Even if you can't relate to the lyrics, or you're not the type to really pay attention to the lyrics, the music and the beats sound really cool too." I continued,
"It's like everything about their music, in my opinion, is amazing."

Louis smiled, a light chuckle escaping his lips.

My cheeks felt hot as I realized how much I was talking about this band.

"Sorry I keep rambling on... I do that a lot when I talk about bands..." I said sheepishly.

"You don't need to apologize for that." He assured me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as he drove.

Even though it was more of a friendly embrace, I felt my cheeks heat up with his gesture.

I kept my hands in my lap, not knowing what to do.

I glanced at him driving without a care in the world. He didn't seem as bothered with his gesture as I did, so I tried my hardest to ignore the tingling feeling where his arm was slung around me.

I looked out the window, hoping he wouldn't notice my prominent pink cheeks.

I cursed at myself for acting so strange and awkward around him.

He just had his arm around me - something a normal human would do.
It was something that friends would do all the time...

It seemed as I was acting this way because there was physical contact, and that was something that almost never happened between us.

As I continued to overthink the topic, he removed his arm from around me, awkwardly I might add.

Damn it... Why was I like this?!

He turned up the music more as we sat there, both of us lacking in conversation.

I still felt a warm tingly feeling where Louis had his arm around me, and I was no longer blushing now - thank god.

"I was thinking of going here, what do you think?" Louis blurted suddenly.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine with that." I responded.

He nodded, parking the car then.

I urged myself over and over in my mind to act like a normal human on our shopping trip, and to not make everything so damn awkward.

{heyyyy so this is really fun to write now.
I realize that I kinda never write in Louis' POV so I will soon do not worry.
AND ALSO:
This story has reached 1,000 reads!!
It's so cool that so many people are reading this, so thank you if you are one of them :)
I just wrote this cuz I thought of an idea and I was like 'ooh this would be a cool Louis fic' and I never expected ppl to actually read, so thank you!!
K ily bye}