Chapter 27

"We're enemies now, Louis." He had told me, "I presume you understand that."

Harry and I were enemies now, all because he got rejected?!

I was now at my flat, thinking about all of this.

"I just find it ridiculous." I told Kathryn, as we sat in my living room,
"I thought he was acting that way because he was drunk, but I guess not."

"Well... I mean he thinks that you were making stuff up about him, from what you've told me. I guess that's a pretty good reason to be mad. Especially if he did fancy me that much." Kathryn explained.

"Yeah, but he likes everyone, Kathryn. That's the thing. I'm wondering what makes you different." I sighed, leaning my head against my arm.

"I wonder that all the time, Louis." She told me.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Never mind. Let's just play some FIFA." She suggested.

*JESSICA'S POV*

"Jessica... I think Kathryn might've slept with Louis." Sarah told me.
"What?! No... he couldn't have..." I began.
"Kathryn came home one morning wearing his shirt. Nothing but that." Sarah explained, "I just wanted to tell you because you asked Kathryn if she was a virgin, so I thought you already suspected that anyways."

"He didn't. I don't believe you." I told her.

"Sweetie, believe me he did." She answered, "When we asked Kathy, all she said was 'don't tell Jessica!'" She laughed at her imitation of Kathryn.

"That little whore..." I whispered, tears building up in my eyes.
"I told you she was bad news, Jessica. Don't let her steal your boyfriend." She advised.

"Why does it even matter?! He cheated on me anyways!" I cried.
"I don't know the whole story, Jess. That's the thing. All I know is that they fucked. I don't know how, I don't know when, I don't know how long, I don't know if they both wanted it..." Sarah explained, "It may have even been more than just the two of them, who knows?"

"That's why you need to make sure not to lose him. Especially
when your competition is her."

"So... so what should I do? Do I talk to him about it?" I questioned.

"No... just try and not let them hang out as much." Sarah suggested, "Where are you now?"

"I'm at a club..." I started.

"And where is he?"

"At our flat..." I responded.

"See! He's probably hanging out with her now. Go back." She told me.

"But... I'm already here-"

"Look Jessica, it's your decision on what you do with this information. If it were me, I'd do what I told you." She began, "If you talk to him about it, you two will most likely just break up."

"B-but I don't want us to break up..." I sniffed.

"Then do what I told you! Go home, Kathryn." She told me.

"Okay... I will right now." I responded.

"Good. I'll call you later, bye." She then hung up the phone.

Tears began to fill my eyes.

"What's wrong?!" Marcus asked me.

"I knew it..." I mumbled hugging his shoulder, "I fucking knew it."

"What? What is is Jessica?" Marcus asked me.  

"Marcus.. he cheated on me..." I told him.

"Do you want me to take you home? Or maybe you can come over to my place..." He began.

"No... no I want you to take me home. It's not Louis' fault. He wouldn't do that." I assured him, "Just, please take me home."  
He nodded and led me out the door of the club.

*KATHRYN'S POV*

"Where's your girlfriend anyways?" I asked him, "Shouldn't I be heading home soon?"

"She's probably out without me, as usual." He groaned, "It's ok though because I have you now."

.
.
.

After a couple more rounds of FIFA, the front door opened.

Standing there was Jessica.
Her eyes were red, and her cheeks were flushed. There were tear stains on her cheeks.
Why was she crying?

Her eyes locked with mine, and the look of remorse immediately left her features.

"Get out!" She screamed,
"Get out of my house!

"Jessica, hey... what's wrong with you?!" Louis asked her, getting up from the couch, "It's fine. She didn't do anything." 

"She did everything." Jessica yelled, "I knew you were hanging out with her! Why were you with her?!"

"I always hang out with Kathryn, I thought you knew that." Louis explained, putting his hands on her shoulders in attempt to calm her down.

"That's the problem, Louis." She yelled, tears falling from her eyes, "I don't like her. I don't. You know that I don't, but yet you still are her best friend."

"You can't just expect me to drop anyone you don't like Jessica." Louis told her, "Calm down, okay? You never even gave her a chance."

"I don't need to give her a chance, I know she's bad news." Jessica began, "I mean, why do you think she has no friends besides you?"    

She knows nothing.
She's a liar

I hoped that Louis wouldn't fall for that, but then again it would be better if he did.

"I know that you're just being emotional right now, Jess. I know Kathryn, she never did anything to you. Why do you hate her?" Louis questioned.

"Like I've said before, you two have something. I can tell." She stated.

"We're just friends!" Louis yelled, "That's it! Right Kathryn?"

They looked over at me, and I gave a small nod.

"I don't even know why you're still here." Jessica snapped, tearing away from Louis' grip, "I thought I told you to leave." 

"I want you guys to be friends. That's why she's still here." Louis answered her.

"Friends with her?! Louis, you can't be serious. I can't be friends with that little whore."

"I agree Louis, we can't be friends. I'm just gonna go before this gets any worse."  I told him.

"Kathryn, really don't let her-"

"She can make her own decisions, Louis." Jessica interrupted me. 

They were both silent as I walk out the door.

As soon as it closed, the yelling began again.