Chapter 18

*KATHRYN'S POV*

Louis was supposed to show up 45 minutes ago.
He still wasn't here.
I checked my phone once again and glanced out my window. The front yard was still empty.
Louis wasn't here yet, and none of the girls were home. So I really wanted him to hurry so none of them would question me.
I hadn't called Louis yet because I was confident that he was going to show up.
Hopefully he was just a little late, that's all.
I looked my reflection in the mirror as I waited for him.
I jumped a little as my cell phone rang loudly I'm my jacket pocket. I sighed in relief, seeing it was Louis calling.
"Hello?"
"Hi Kathryn, sorry I'm late I'll be there as soon as I can-"
"It's fine." I interrupted him, "The concert doesn't start until 7 so there's still time."
"Alright well I'm getting in the car right now so I'll be there in just a minute, so be ready." He told me.
"I've been ready since the time you were supposed to pick me up." I giggled as I leaned on the wall, looking up to the ceiling.
He laughed on the other side of the phone as he spoke, "Sit tight then."
And in a couple minutes, Louis appeared in my driveway.
I ran out of my room and down the stairs to meet him.
Thank god he was here before the sorority girls.
He turned to me as I opened the door and gave me a bright smile,
"I'm really sorry I was late, Kathryn." He reminded me, "I'm genuinely sorry."
"It's fine Louis, let's just get going." I responded.
He nodded his head slightly, and off we went.

"Kathryn, now you can answer my question from earlier." Louis began, "Why were you talking to Harry when I told you that you shouldn't?"
"Okay well first of all, you're not my dad Louis you can't tell me what I can and cannot do. And second, Harry is a nice guy." I told him, "I don't see why I should stay away from him."
Louis scoffed at my comment, as he rolled his eyes.
"Oh god you're just like all the other girls... " He started, "Don't tell me you fancy him...-"
"No... no of coarse not, Louis." I assured him, "I mean sure he's attractive and all but, no. Don't be ridiculous."
"Good." He answered, "What did he say to you?"
"Nothing really." I said truthfully, "I mean he just told me why he was in the classroom in the first place and then he left."
"He wasn't flirting?" Louis asked with a small laugh, "That's a surprise."
I didn't say anything, and Louis asked me another question.
"Wait, so are you not going to take my advice to avoid him?"
"I don't see why I need to. He doesn't seem like the person you describe him to be." I replied.
"He is a dick though." Louis explained, "I would know after all. We've been friends for a while now."
"Well if he's a dick, then why are you his friend?" I questioned.
"He's not a dick to me."
I shrugged at his response.
"I'll be fine Louis." I reassured him, "I can take care of myself."
Louis rolled his eyes as we arrived at our destination.
"Bloody hell..." Louis mumbled as he looked at the full car park in front of him.
"That's you're fault for coming late." I reminded him.
"Blame my beloved girlfriend for that.." He sighed as he backed up the car.
"What did she do?" I questioned.
"She gave me hell for taking you to the concert instead of her." He replied.
I instantly felt guilty after he said that.
"And here I go again... fucking your life up for you." I muttered, "I'm sorry Louis."
"None of this is your fault, Kathryn. I keep telling you the same thing, it's all Jessica." Louis responded, "She's just being too dramatic about all of this."
"Well I don't want to be the cause of you two breaking up, Louis." I said truthfully.
"We won't break up Kathryn." He assured me, "I love her... I can't lose her."
I forced a smile on my lips and gave a small nod.
Louis found a parking spot on a curb by a shop across the street of the concert.
I was silent as we walked over there, and as we waited in line to get in, and as we went to find our seats.

I was thinking about Louis and Jessica.

"Does Louis really love her? Or is he just afraid of being without her?" I thought to myself.

I especially thought of Jessica, because her love for Louis was quite questionable.
If she loved him, then why would she always put him through so much stress?

But it's me who's causing that, not her.

"Kathryn, are you okay?" Louis interrupted, "You've been a little quiet since we got out of the car."

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." I answered, "Just thinking."
"About what?" He questioned.
"Oh... nothing." I replied, looking up into those gray-blue eyes if his.
He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at me. It was like he was trying to figure out what I wasn't telling him.
"Well alright then." He concluded, "I guess you don't want to tell me."

{Heyyyyy sorry I didn't update a bunch of shit happened last weekend and then I had a bunch of homework but I'm gonna try to make this a double update so I can make up for it so idk let's see if I do}