Chapter 54

*Louis' POV*

Scolding water ran down my back as I felt tears leave my eyes.

"You're ruining everything."
Her voice echoed in my head. I didn't know what to do. What was I supposed to do?
I felt like such an idiot. She was right, I was ruining everything. Although, I couldn't help liking her.
I could easily say she was the reason Jessica and I broke up. I fell for Kathryn and Jessica noticed.

I couldn't help but wonder if it would ever be the same.
Would this ruin our friendship?
I was wondering if it would help at all if I apologized to her.
We could start all over, back to just friends. But the thing was, I didn't want to be just friends. I could've asked her to give me a chance. But then again, I wouldn't want to her to go out with me out of pity. I wouldn't want to pressure her into doing something she didn't want to do. Although, she never did say that she didn't like me in that way. Maybe I was missing something.

I ultimately decided that the best thing to do next would be to talk about it more. I was willing to sacrifice my pride for a chance at a relationship with her.
I stepped out of the shower, wrapping my towel around my lower-half. I looked at myself in the mirror to see that my eyes were red from crying.
She truly had me wrapped around her fingers at this point.
I changed into pajama pants and an undershirt and went out to find Kathryn.

I saw that her bedroom door was closed and I could see light shining from the slit at the bottom. So I slowly neared the door, and knocked softy.
There was so response, and I knocked again.
The same process repeated, and I began to feel panicked.
I prayed to god that she wasn't angry with me.
"Kathryn, I wanna talk." My voice cracked as I finished.

I opened her door to find the room empty.
"Kathryn!?" I yelled, hoping to hear her answer from somewhere in our flat.
I began to check all the rooms in the apartment, but I couldn't find her. My heart started racing immensely. I had no idea where she could be.
I walked to my room, grabbing my phone off of my bed. I tapped Kathryn's contact name, debating on whether or not I should call her. I knew that she might've left because she wanted to be alone, but that didn't stop me from being worried.

I ended up calling her, but she didn't answer. It seemed like she ignored my call. I called again, and the same thing happened.
A couple of minutes later, I received a text from Harry. As unusual as this was, I didn't question it because of the information it held.

*Kathy's at my flat. Don't worry she's safe- just a little emotional right now.*

It kind of hurt me that she went to him instead of fixing it with me.

*Is she mad at me?*
I could help asking him, I hated when she was mad at me.

*No. she's just freaking out. She'll be good by the morning.*

I nodded to myself, I was going to Harry's flat in the morning.