Chapter 55

I awoke with 4 missed calls from Niall, and I called him back.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice groggy.
"Hey! Dude, what happened with Kathryn? She's over here with Harry."
"I don't know. She left while I was taking a shower."

"Well, they were up all night. It was pretty annoying for me." He spoke.
"Wha-"
"They were just talking, don't worry." He interrupted me, "She's asleep on the couch right now."

"I'm gonna come over there and talk to her about it."
"Yeah- good idea man. I'll see you soon then."
"Bye Niall."
"Bye."

Before I went to Harry's flat, I went to the store.
I looked at the varieties of flowers that were available. I ended up buying her some orange roses. There wasn't any particular reason that I chose them. After I did that, I set off to Harry's.
As I drove, I saw it was starting to rain. I cursed to myself upon noticing, for I didn't have an umbrella or a hoodie. Because of this, I had to stand outside in the rain while waiting for someone to answer the door.
And of course, it took them forever to do this.

I could picture how pathetic I probably looked. With my soaked jumper and sweats clinging to my body, my hair all flat on the top of my head, and the flowers completely wet as well. The plastic that they were held in was beginning to fill up with water, so if I gave it to her, it would have probably spilled all over her. Of course Harry and Niall didn't have any sort of shelter in their front yard. Of course it had to rain. Of course I didn't bring an umbrella. Of course all of that had to happen on that day of all days.
Although it was very inconvenient, I still waited. I was doing it for Kathryn.

*Kathryn's POV*

"He's here?!"
I began to feel frantic,
"Right now?!"

"Yes." Harry replied. He noticed my stressed state and grabbed me by the shoulders,
"You need to calm your tits."

"I don't want to talk to him right now..." I began, "He's probably mad at me... and I'm-"

"He's surely not mad at you, he's holding flowers." Harry smiled, pointing to Louis out the window.

I could feel my heart racing.
"I don't wanna do this right now..." I whined.
"When do you wanna do it?"

"Later."
"Kathryn, you can't do it later. He's outside freezing his ass off for you." Harry told me.
He stared at me with pleading eyes. I was actually going to give in, but then I changed my mind and ran upstairs.

I felt someone grab my wrist on the way to the bathroom. I was going to lock myself in so I wouldn't need to talk.
"Where are you going?"
I looked back to see Niall looking at me with concern.
"Nowhere." I smiled innocently.
Niall didn't fall for it, and he began to drag me downstairs.

I felt my pulse quicken as I noticed Louis was now inside. We made eye contact, and I was incredibly nervous.
He was covered in a towel that Harry must have given him. He was currently in a conversation with Harry at that moment. His hair looked flat as it lied soaking on his head. The flowers he had brought looked pretty still, despite all the water on them.

"She says she doesn't want to talk right now. I kept asking her and she said she wants to later. I'm sorry." I heard Harry tell him.
I saw Louis glance at me before he answered,
"Oh. Yeah- okay. I mean, you told me she would be better by the morning.."
I bit my lip, knowing that I should talk to him. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I broke from Niall's grip, stepping up to the two of them.
"I-I can talk now." I stammered.

"Should've said that a while ago.." Harry snickered, referring to Louis' soaked state.
I watched as Louis gave him the death glare, and Harry raised his hands in defense, still laughing.
"We'll leave you guys alone." Niall said, bringing Harry upstairs with him.
Once they were out of sight, Louis led me to the couch, and we both sat down.
Louis handed me the flowers as he spoke,
"I really want to be with you, Kathryn."