Chapter 10

I walked up to the door of me and Jessica's shared flat. I could hear the sound of the telly, so I knew she was home at least. I turned the handle and found Jessica sitting on the couch watching some random reality TV show. She didn't even acknowledge my presence at all. It was like I wasn't even there. "Hey, how was your day?" I asked her, taking a seat next to her on the couch. She kept her gaze focused on the TV, and she didn't reply for a while. I was about to ask again when she said, "Fine, how was yours?" She still didn't look at me, which was not a good sign. "My day was good." I replied.
"I would think so." She stated, "I mean, you've been gone all day. Leaving me home alone."
"Yeah." I simply said.
"Where were you anyways?" She questioned. Her icy blue eyes finally focused on mine as she said, "You've been gone for longer than usual."
"I was at my friend Kathryn's house." I told her, "We were working on a project we have to do in our music appreciation class."
"Oh so you have a new friend now?" Jessica asked, "I've never heard you mention her before..."
"Yeah." I replied, "She's really nice. I should introduce you two."
"No... that would not be needed." Jessica stated, "I mean, you'll probably stop being her friend after this project is over right? Louis you don't really have close friends that are girls..."
"I wouldn't say we're that close..." I started.
"Well she invited you over. So I'd think you're pretty close." She interrupted.
"Are you seriously jealous Jessica?" I asked her, "Don't you trust me?"
"I'm not jealous." She stated,
"I'm just asking questions and you're getting mad."
"I'm not mad..." I started.
"Well you shouldn't be because you're the one who left me all alone for this long!" Jessica interrupted me.
"Are you fucking serious Jessica?!" I almost-yelled, "Remember the other day when you went to the bar and left me here?! You don't need to be so damn clingy okay!"
"You're such an asshole!" Jessica yelled, stomping into our bedroom.

"And of coarse she's mad now." I mumbled to myself, "Way to go Louis." I sighed and padded over to the spare bedroom, knowing that Jessica would kick me out if I tried to go in our bedroom. We both needed to cool down and it would be fine. I turned on the light and stripped down to just my boxers.

The guest bedroom was pretty plain. It had grey bedsheets, and white walls. It wasn't like Kathryn's bedroom though, because her's looked old and faded. This bedroom was very clean, since it was never really used. The only time this bedroom was used was when Jess and I would get into a fight like this. It had everything you needed for a bedroom. A dresser, a closet, a desk, a bed, and a nightstand. Everything was empty though because it was never used. The only thing that was used was the bed, which I would be sleeping in tonight. I turned off the light and crawled under the blankets and tried to go to sleep.
.
.

Thoughts of today flooded my mind, and it prevented me from doing that. I remembered seeing tears run down her pale cheeks, and it broke my heart. Then when I held her in my arms, I could tell she was breaking. How could she cope in a place like that? I wanted to help her, but I didn't know how. Well, I did know how but I didn't want to upset Jessica. I also didn't want to put Kathryn before Jessica... I've known Kathryn for only a couple days. Jessica is my girlfriend and I've known her for what seems like forever. Considering that she doesn't like Kathryn from just me mentioning her, I don't think it would be a good idea for Kathryn to stay in this guest room instead of at her sorority house. But I wanted to get her out of there...
"She probably wouldn't even want to stay here with me and Jessica.." I thought. I stared at the ceiling in the dark room as I thought about the possibility of Kathryn staying here. "We met three days ago." I reminded myself.

*KATHRYN'S POV*
As soon as Louis left my room, I turned off the lamp he had turned on, and familiar darkness flooded the room. After I took a quick shower, I put on my pajamas and lied down in my bed. I pulled the thin white sheets over myself to be at least a little less cold in my cheap- looking room. I couldn't help but think of today, as I stared into the pitch-black darkness of my room. I felt weak for breaking down in front of Louis. I never break down in front of anyone.
And when he was defending me from Sarah and the other girls... I felt wanted for once.
When I was with Louis, I felt different. I acted like myself because... well I could.
He wasn't judging me like everyone else would. He seemed like he was the only one who cared about me.
He made me forget my past when I was with him, and he made me feel like I could start over.
I sighed, turning to my side. I shook off the thoughts of Louis and went to sleep.
.
.
.
.

* LOUIS' POV*
I woke up, and looked at my phone. "Jessica should still be home..." I thought to myself. I got out of bed and walked over to the kitchen, and there she was. Her Starbucks apron was draped against a chair at the table, while she cooked herself breakfast. "Hey." I simply said.
She didn't say anything, or turn around. She completely ignored me. "Babe..." I began, "I'm really sorry... I didn't mean to say that you were clingy. You're not. You're gone most of the time; you're leaving in half an hour."
She didn't say anything, so I went on. "You don't need to worry about anything, Jess. I'll always make time for you okay?" I continued, "You will always come first." I embraced her from behind, and kissed the side of her head.
"I will always love you." I whispered in her ear. A smile grew on her lips as I kissed them. Her lips were so soft when they moved against mine. The kiss would have lasted but
she then pulled away. "I love you too, and I forgive you."
I smiled and brought her into a kiss once again. I lifted her up as I kissed her, and she was now sitting on the counter. I pulled away from her as I spoke, "Now why don't I finish making your breakfast, and you can just wait right here."
"Okay." She replied with a smile. I walked over to the pan and saw that she was cooking herself scrambled eggs, and I could see that there was bread and jam out, so she was going to make toast too. I put 2 pieces of bread in the toaster, and continued to make the eggs. Once everything was done cooking, I put it all on a white plate and arranged the silverware for her. I handed to Jessica, who was still sitting on the counter. "Breakfast is served." I said sitting next to her. "Thank you Louis." she remarked.
"Anything for my baby." I told her.
She started to eat her breakfast, and I just sat next to her. "You want some?" She offered.
"No, I can just make myself breakfast later." I assured her.
"Okay." she responded as she continued to eat the breakfast I made her. Once she was finished, she got off of the counter, and put on her apron. She usually takes the tube to work because she knows how much I love my car, and she doesn't want to accidentally scratch it up. "Want me to drive you?" I asked her.
"Yeah, but you have to put on a shirt." She giggled, as she turned around, gesturing for me to tie her green apron. "Why do I have to put on a shirt?" I asked her as I tied it up. "You've seen much more of me than this."
"Yeah I know..." She began, "But people can see you through the windshield, Louis."
"So? Are you saying I don't look good?" I said dramatically.
"Of coarse you look good Lou, you always look good." She went on, "Just put on a shirt babe."
"Fine, I'll be right back." I gave in.
I went to our bedroom and put on a white shirt and blue plaid pajama pants. I took a quick glance at myself in the mirror before going downstairs.
"Ok let's go." I said as I walked out of the room. She nodded and walked ahead of me, to my car. I opened the door for her, and then got in myself.
.
.
.
Her work wasn't very far, so it didn't take long to drive her there. "Thank you Lou." Jessica said kissing me on the cheek, as she stood outside the car. I rolled my eyes and rolled down the window further, and placed my hand on her cheek for a proper kiss. I then pulled away and said, "Have a great day babe, I love you."
"Love you too Louis." She replied, as she walked into the shop.
Then I sped away, back to the flat.
Once I got there, I sprawled onto the couch and turned on the Telly. Nothing good was on, so I played FIFA. While a game was loading, I took a quick glance at my phone. I grabbed it and started to go through my contacts. I scrolled past Kathryn's number, and hesitated to call. I decided against it and called my mate Harry. He's the only friend of mine who doesn't have a girlfriend, so he was most likely not busy. There was also Niall, but he was sorta lame... and annoying at times.
"Yeah?" Harry asked though the phone.
"Do you wanna go online and play FIFA?" I asked.
"Don't you have your girlfriend to make love with or something?" Harry joked.
"No... she's not here." I said with a laugh, "And besides, we don't that often."
"Sure Louis." Harry said sarcastically, "Why don't I just come over then, since she's not there to criticize my hair." Jessica hates the length of Harry's hair; it's quite long and she's always telling him to cut it, but Harry couldn't care less what she thought. "Sure." I responded.
"I'll bring Niall too." Harry stated. And before I could say anything else, he hung up on me.

{sorry if this is short and/or bad nothing exciting is happening yet but oh well at least Harry is in the story now and also sorry it took me so long to update this one, I have finals this week and I've sorta been studying so yeah. if you actually read this, ily
Ok bye}