Chapter 43

*KATHRYN'S POV*

Staying at Louis's house had been nice.

He was like my favorite person, and it was nice to get to wake up in his house and have him take me to school every morning.
Usually I didn't have a ride, so it was pretty good.
His girlfriend was usually out also, so it was mostly just me and him. It began to feel like it was our apartment, even though it wasn't.
And with all this time spent with him, I had began to like him even more than before. Platonically, of coarse.

Living with him had showed me how caring and considerate he actually was. He had a heart of gold. I mean, he had done so much for me and I was only now realizing that.
He was just an amazing person in general, and I really liked that about him. And he always could make me laugh, and he didn't care what other people thought.
For some reason, I was striving to be like him.
To be more caring, to be more carefree, and to be more considerate.

It seemed like I was becoming infatuated with him.
But that would truly be strange.
Why would I be?
And even if I was, I surely wouldn't admit that to myself.

I was just delighted with my life at that moment.
Everything was perfect, as I wanted it to be.
All the drama was done for, and there was no fighting, not even with Jessica.

It had only been about a week, and I had already grown so accustomed to everything.
I wanted to stay there, and never have to go back to the shitty sorority.
But I was still clueless on Louis's feelings about all of this.

Maybe he was already getting sick of having me there.
I didn't know though, and it didn't really seem like he felt that way.
But you never know.

Jessica walked past me, not saying a word as she drug her suitcase out the door.
Louis followed suit, as he then spoke,
"Are you sure you don't want to go? It's not too late to change your mind."

"Yeah I'm sure." I replied, avoiding his persuasive gaze.

"Oh, come on," he whined, "When is the last time you spent Christmas with anyone?"

"2 years ago," I shrugged, "But that doesn't matter. I'll be fine, Louis."

"Alright, I can't force you." He gave in.
He held out his arms for a hug, and I gladly obliged.

"I'll call you, okay?" He told me.
"Okay."

We pulled away then.
"Merry Christmas Kathryn."
"You too, bye."

And then he left.

I was left wondering what I could do for the next 3 days.
It was currently Friday evening, and he was to be gone until Sunday night.

It felt kind of strange being in his house without him. It felt strange also because he trusted me to not to mess anything up there.
The thought itself was pretty cool. Louis trusted me.

I sat for a while in silence wondering what I could do. I soon decided to go into town, because being inside all alone wasn't fun.
I went to the mall, where Louis and I went the other day. I wasn't going to buy anything since I had spent a lot of my money already, so I decided to just walk around.

After walking for a while I felt my phone buzz in my purse. I sat down on a bench nearby to search for it before I missed the call. As I did that I came across a yellow sticky note.
It was from Michael, the cashier. It was that guy who hit on me the other day when I was at the sandwich shop with Louis.

"Hello?"
"Hey."
"Uh... Who is this?"
"Oh, sorry. This is Kathryn. You- you gave me your number the other day. I went to get a turkey olive sandwich, and you gave me you're number. I just realized, you probably give your number out to a lot of people so you might not remember-"
"No, no I remember. You were that beautiful girl with hazel eyes and brown hair. I don't give my number out to everybody, Kathryn. I'm not that shallow, don't worry." Michael chuckled.
"Oh, okay. Well, I was wondering, since you're into me and I haven't gone on a good date in a while, did you want to go see a movie or something sometime?" I asked him.
"Oh, yeah. I'd love to. I didn't think you'd call me because that friend of yours or whatever. You know, that guy you were with in the restaurant." He began, "Is he not an issue anymore? He made quite a scene when I left you the note."
"Oh no. He's away for a couple of days, so it should be fine." I assured him.
"Alright, cool. When are you free?"
"I'm free for the next 3 days, so anytime between then would be good." I answered.
"Well, since tomorrow is Christmas Eve, how about tonight? Is that ok?" He suggested.
"Yeah, that's perfect."
"Ok, meet me at, uh.. The sandwich shop where I work. Meet me there at 6:30. Ok?"
"Alright. I'll see you then Michael."
"I'll see you. Bye."
"Bye."

I didn't know how I felt about going on this date. I told Louis that I wasn't interested in him, and that was true, but he did seem like a pretty nice guy so I figured I could give him a chance.
It would totally show that I was completely over Danny, and I wanted to prove that to myself.
What did I have to lose?