Chapter 26

He led me to a group of people that I assumed were his friends. There was only one that I recognized. He was the guy who was with Harry when he and I first met, in the bar.
The other two were strangers to me.
"Is this Louis' friend?" One of them asked.
"Yeah." Harry replied, "Kathryn, this is Niall, Zayn, and Liam."
I smiled awkwardly as they all looked at me.

"Mate, they're playing beer pong!" Someone said to Harry.
"Oh? Come on Kathryn, you should play too." Harry responded, grabbing me by the wrist.
He dragged me to the living area and there I saw a lot of people surrounding a table.
"Guys, guys, me and Kathryn are gonna play." Harry told them, pushing me through the crowd.
"What... I never said-"
"Shh it's fine, Kathy. It'll be fun." He interrupted,
"You know how to play right?"

"Of coarse I know how to play. I haven't been living under a rock my whole life." I replied with a laugh.
"Good." He smirked, handing me a ping-pong ball.

*LOUIS' POV*

"Where are you going?" I asked her in an annoyed voice.
"To find my friends. If you hang out with Kathryn, then I'll hang out with Marcus." She sassed.
I rolled my eyes as I grabbed her shoulder. "Are you seriously jealous, Jessica?"
She turned around with an evil look in her eye.
"So what if I'm jealous! Am I not allowed to be jealous?!" She half-yelled.

"Why are you jealous?" I asked her.

Because I kissed Kathryn.

"I don't know... it just seems like you two have something that we never had..." She mumbled.

"She's my best friend, Jess. We're close, so what?"

"Ugh you know what, never mind. I'll just let you go find her." She spat, storming into the house.
I sighed as I entered the house after her. I watched as she walked over to Sarah and some of the other girls who lived with Kathryn.
I walked right up to them and put my arm around Jessica.
"Um... Kathryn is playing beer pong with Harry from what I've heard. They're in the living room." Sarah sneered, giving me an unpleasant stare.
I narrowed my eyes at her in disgust.
"Louis, it's fine. I want to hang out with them anyways." Jessica told me.
"Suit yourself." I said breaking away from them.
I walked into the living room and I was immediately greeted by loud music, and loud people.
I looked over the crowd to see Kathryn and Harry hugging, and everyone began to cheer.
They must have won.

They went through the crowd of people, and my eyes locked with Kathryn's.
"Oh hey Louis. We just played beer pong." She told me.
"Yeah I know-"
"Hey Kathryn, do you want me to get you a drink?" Harry interrupted me.
"Sure." She responded.
"I'll get you one too, Louis." Harry told me, "I'll be right back."
He walked away, leaving just me and Kathryn.
"How do you like the party so far?" I yelled over the music.
"It's fun! I didn't think I would like it, but I do." She exclaimed, "I wanna play more party games."

"It's always a little risky though, Kathryn. You could end up accidentally kissing someone, or fucking someone, or spilling someone's secret..." I started.

"Yeah... I've learned that from going to enough parties in high school." She responded.

"That's odd. I thought you weren't the party type." I questioned.

"Now I'm not."

"But here you are... at a party..."

"Shut up!" She said playfully.

By then, Harry brought back the drinks, two in one hand, one in the other.

"Don't worry, I didn't do anything to them. I don't know you well enough yet to do that to you, Kathryn." Harry winked, handing her the drink.
She didn't say anything as she took it from his hand.
It was cherry vodka.
It burned my throat as I took a sip.