Chapter 19

Sunday, November 17, 2015

Dad,
Louis and I went to a concert together the other day. I have to say, life isn't as miserable since he's been around. I've been clean for a week now, because I actually found someone who cares about me. He makes me feel wanted.
Today he's going to come over so we can finally get started on the project.
It's due next Wednesday, but I think we can possibly get it all done today.
I'm actually really happy right now, Dad. Besides the fact that the sorority girls are still very cruel to me, and Louis' girlfriend sees me as her sworn enemy, I think everything is okay. I really hope it stays that way... I will try to keep it that way, for you Dad. I know you want me to be happy.
~Kathryn

I shut my notebook as the door to my bedroom opened.
"How did you get in here?" I asked Louis.
"The door was open." He replied, "Don't worry none of the girls saw me."
"Alright... well I guess we'll get started now then." I said, putting my notebook in my backpack.
"I would love to see what's in that notebook one day..." Louis mumbled. It was more of a comment to himself than me, but I still replied with, "And you never will."
I laughed as he rolled his eyes, and I pulled out my laptop.

*LOUIS' POV*
She opened an apple laptop, and typed in the passcode.
"I have a question..." I began, "If you're as poor as you say you are, how were you able to afford that?"
She rolled her eyes at my question, which probably sounded offensive.
"Oh no I'm not trying to be rude, Kathryn it's just a question."

"My mum bought it for me a long time ago. I brought this and my phone with me when I came here." She said quietly.

Now the curiosity was killing me.
"Kathryn, may I ask what happened to your mother?" I questioned, "Why isn't she supporting you?"
"She's not dead, if that's what you're asking." She responded Her face was pale like snow. She wasn't looking at me, but at her laptop. I could tell she didn't want to speak of her mother, but damn now I sure was curios.
"If she's not dead... then what happened to her?" I asked, slowly.
"I'd rather not speak of her, Louis." She answered.
I didn't say anything else because I didn't want to upset her.
Then we began working on our project.
I broke the awkward silence eventually and it was back to how it always was.
I looked at Kathryn as she focused on her laptop.
"This is much easier than I thought it would be, especially since we both already know the band so well." She stated, "Don't you think?"
"Yeah." I agreed.
She turned her head to look at me, and she saw that I was already staring at her.
"Why are you staring at me?" She asked, "Weirdo..."
I rolled my eyes as she continued to work on the project.
"I bet I can finish this today." She began.
I didn't say anything as she brought the laptop closer to her.
"How much do you have done?" I asked her, moving in closer to see the screen. My shoulder was now against hers as I peeked at what we had done so far.
"We only need 2 more slides." She replied.
"Okay, we'll finish it tomorrow then, or on Tuesday." I concluded.
"Why not today?" She asked.
"Because we can do it tomorrow." I answered, "And I want to ask you questions."
She gave me a confused look.
"It seems as if I never know enough about you... and you know a lot about me." I explained.
"That's not true, I don't know much at all, Louis." She told me.
"There isn't much to know." I said truthfully, "There's really nothing out of the ordinary in my life."
"Well, except for you, Kathryn."

"Uh... okay." She said shutting her laptop, "What exactly do you want to know?"

"Well I presume you don't want to speak of your past, and I guess I understand that." I began, "So... where do I start...
What do you like to do?"

She laughed as she looked to the ground.
"Well you already know that I listen to music..." She started, "Uh I like drawing... and playing guitar... I guess."
"You play guitar?" I questioned.
She nodded as she got up from her bed. She opened up her closet and pulled out a black shiny guitar from the inside.
"I usually sing and play this whenever I'm bored... or draw. And there's also those hours upon hours I spend scrolling through tumblr. There's that too." She added.
"Can I hear?" I asked.
"No... I'd rather not-"
"Oh come on please Kathryn. For me?" I pleaded, "At least show me a drawing or something..."
"Sure I could show you a drawing." She told me.
She went over to her desk and pulled out a black folder from the drawer. She handed it to me, and sat next to me.
Inside the black folder was various pencil drawings of flowers, designs, or cartoon characters.
"This is brilliant, Kathryn." I said as I examined a drawing of a young girl she had drawn.

"That's my little sister." She stated, "I haven't seen her in 2 years."

"And I am assuming that I'm not allowed to ask why..." I started.

"Yeah... it's uh... it's kinda hard to talk about." She muttered.

"Well I'll be here to listen if you're ready to talk about it." I told her.
I lifted my gaze to Kathryn who was sitting right beside me.
She was staring down at the ground, and her hair was draped in front of her face.
She slowly lifted her head up to look at me.
Those gorgeous hazel eyes met mine.

God... she was so beautiful.

Our faces were mere inches apart.

I could feel her breath on my skin.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I pressed my lips against hers.

Our lips moved in sync as I felt her arms wrap around my neck.
It felt magical.
This feeling... I had never felt it before, not with anyone.
I felt so nervous.
I knew it felt wrong, but then again it felt so right.
It had never felt like this with anyone else.
She and I both knew that this was wrong, but neither of us pulled away.
I didn't want to pull away, I just wanted more of her.
My heart was pounding in my chest, and my mind was scattered.
It felt like it was only the two of us.
It was as if all the air around us was nothing, all the space around us was nowhere, and all the people we could hear just downstairs- that was all our imagination.

My cell phone blared it's ringtone in my pocket, causing both of us to pull away.
I stood up awkwardly and answered it.
"Uh... h-hello?"
"Louis where are you? I'm home." Jessica said into the phone.
I instantly felt a pang of guilt once hearing her voice.
"I'm hanging out with my mates..." I lied, "I- I'll be home really soon okay?"
"Alright, love you."
"I love you too..."
And I hung up the phone.

Kathryn was hidden behind her laptop, which was on her lap as she lied in the middle of her bed.

"I'll see you tomorrow..." I said quickly.
"O-okay..."
I didn't bother with a goodbye, or a hug and I sped out the door.

What the fuck was wrong with me?!

{ooooooh Yayy I did it I did a double update YAYYY
I told u good drama was coming ;) how exciting is this wow
Vote if you liked it!! Ily if u read this k byeeee}