Chapter 41

*KATHRYN'S POV*

Once Louis and I had finished lunch, we left for support group.
It was at the hospital I was at yesterday, somewhere in one of the extra rooms in the basement.
I was not looking forward to it at all. From what I had known about support groups, you were supposed to share things about yourself. I wasn't a big talker, and I didn't have much to share.
I mean, what was I even to say?

"Are you excited?" Louis asked me, interrupting me from my thoughts.
"No, not really," I began.
"Why not?"
"I don't enjoy being around people... I don't know." I answered.
"But you are around me all the time," Louis started.
"Yeah, but I actually know you, Louis. That's the thing." I interrupted him.
"Then get to know them." He simply said.
"It-it's not that easy." I told him, watching his reaction as he drove.

He just laughed as he then said,
"Well I guess you don't need to, all that you really need to do there is listen."

"Then I'll just listen."

"Fair enough."

There was then mild awkward silence after we had finished our conversation.
I didn't feel like talking anymore, so I just looked out the window to try to avoid conversation with him.

That failed though, as he then started talking to me again.

"Hey Kath, how come you don't like Jessica?" He suddenly asked me.
I looked at him in confusion, expecting a reason to why he asked me that out of no where, but he gave me nothing.

"I... Have lots of reasons." I answered him, "Why do you ask?"

"I just want to know what other people think of her," He told me, "I know this sounds odd, but I'm trying to remember why I fell for her in the first place."

I paused, trying to piece together what that even meant.

"What do you mean? Did you forget?" I questioned.

"Uh, I - I don't know. She's rude to me, she's always out with her friends, and the only time she ever shows compassion towards me is when you're around." He answered, "I don't know what to think about it, I mean-"

He paused, as if he stopped himself from saying something he shouldn't.

"What do you think about her? Or- our relationship." He asked me,
"Tell me the truth."

I sighed, thinking of what I could say that wouldn't hurt him.

"Honestly, she's a bitch. Especially to you, and I don't know how you tolerate it. I think it's a problem if she barely even spends time with you, too." I said to him, "I think you hang out with me more than you do with her, and that's her own fault. And if you two barely even talk, then there's no point in a relationship."

"Well I mean, she'll barely talk to me for like two weeks and then she'll come home early one day for work," He began, "And we'll- uh, fuck for like 3 hours out of nowhere. You know?"

I looked to him, seeing that his face with bright red, due to the unnecessary comment he just shared with me.

I could feel my cheeks getting hot too, due to the awkwardness between us.

"Well, I- I don't know." I explained, "If I were you, I would've dropped her a while ago."

He didn't say anything, and neither did I. I was afraid to look at him now, because he might've been angry with what I just said.

I just sat there, looking out the window again, completely avoiding his gaze.

Then suddenly, the car stopped.

Was he mad?
Was he going to make me walk the rest of the way?

"Support group is in the basement there." He said quietly, "I can lead you if you want."

"It's fine." I answered quickly, hurriedly getting out of the car.

As soon as I shut the door, he sped away. He left me terribly confused after that.

Was he angry?
Or was he sad?

I pushed my thoughts aside, becoming more invested in finding the room where I was supposed to go.

I went to the dreary basement of the hospital and walked around down there, looking for a room that was supposed to be labeled,
'Dr. House support group'.

The colorless corridors gave off a dull feeling, with its white walls, its white cracked tile, and it's flickering white lights. Not all of them were even on, and they made the place seem a little creepy. Especially since I was at a hospital, where many people had probably died.
And it was too quiet down there. There were too many rooms, and they all looked the same. It also looked like none of them were really being used. There were no windows either, which made it seem more like a prison than a hospital. It seemed like I was on the set for a horror movie, except it was more modern, and it was cleaner and brighter than a horror movie would have been.

Of course this had to be the place I had to come to once a week.
This place, of all places.

I finally came across the room I was looking for, which was near an elevator, lucky for me.

I walked in, realizing then that I was a bit late.

All the other attendees were staring at me, along with Dr. House, the guy in charge.

"Glad you could make it, Kathryn. Please sit down. Anywhere you'd like." Dr. House said, gesturing to the free seats around him.

I took the first one I saw, trying to avoid any awkward situations I would probably cause.

"Alright, let's get started shall we?" House began.

*hiii my update schedule will not be consistent anymore, I started school. Pray for me. I will now update whenever I can. Ok? Cool. Ily bye*