Chapter 37

I was breathless as he stared into my eyes, his lips mere inches away from mine.

I couldn't tell him what was wrong, even though I really wanted to.

"Nothing's wrong." I said quietly, pulling away from him.

"I'm sorry that Jessica is such a bitch sometimes... If I could do something about it, I would..." He started.

"Alright." I interrupted him.
He didn't say anything as we continued to sit on the floor.
"Louis, I'm fine."

"I'm sorry that I keep asking. It's just that you were in the hospital not very long ago, and I need to make sure you're okay." He explained, "Do you want me to take you to the sorority house to get clothes and stuff?"
"Yeah, sure."
"Alright, let's go now then." He offered me his hand to help him up, and I gratefully took it.
We walked out to his car, getting inside. The short car ride was spent in comfortable silence, my home wasn't very far anyways, so I didn't see why I needed to talk. I simply watched Louis as he watched the road. Once we reached the house, I persuaded him to wait for me in the car, rather than helping me so I could get through this quicker.
I stepped in the living room, and there was complete silence. It was so quiet that I jumped a little when the front door closed behind me. I walked up the stairs to the second floor, seeing that it was also too quiet. Every door was closed, meaning everyone was in their rooms. I shrugged off the strange coincidence and continued walking up the stairs.
My room was exactly as I left it. The broken mirror was still shattered on the floor, my blade box was thrown carelessly across the room... there were still blood stains on the tile floor and next to that was the blade that caused it.
Goosebumps arose on my skin as memories of that day flooded my mind. I shook my head, going into the bathroom across the hall.
I grabbed a washcloth, a rubbish bag, and a broom.
It didn't take long for me to wash out the blood stains, sweep up the glass, and make my room look at least a little decent looking. After I had done that, I grabbed an old suitcase and piled random T-shirts, jumpers, leggings, and jeans inside. I also included my makeup bag, tampons, and deodorant and such. Once I had finished that, I returned back downstairs.

"I just feel terrible... I didn't know she was capable of this. I don't even know if she's alive..." I heard Sarah say.
"Babe, I'm sure she's fine. You'll see her at school tomorrow maybe?" A male voice spoke.
I ignored them, and continued walking to the front door.
"But what if-"
Her voice paused, as she gazed at me.
Her eyes were brimmed with tears, and her mascara was smudged around her face.
I turned away from her, and went out the front door.
I didn't care what she had to say. I was surprised that she actually had feelings, but it was too late. I didn't want to forgive her.

"Are you done? Do you have everything?" Louis questioned.
"Yeah." I answered dully.
He nodded awkwardly, and sped away from that hellhole.
I watched Louis again on the ride back. I was fascinated by the way his lips moved with each word. He was talking about something as he drove, and whatever it was he was clearly enthusiastic by his gleeful expression, but I wasn't listening. I was only watching.
His eyes seemed into his statement as well, and they seemed to be glowing. His usual gray-like boring eyes seemed different. I noticed that they were a lighter blue around his pupil, and outside of that they were its usual color. They seemed to change with what he was wearing, or how the weather was, or maybe how he was feeling then. I found it captivating now, just noticing how his beautiful eyes really worked.

"Kathryn! I don't have all day!" He shouted, separating me from my thoughts.
I didn't even realize that we were already parked at Louis' flat.
"Sorry?" I asked, tilting my head.
"I asked you if you wanted to go out somewhere before I take you to support group." He told me, "Did you not hear all that?"
"No... sorry." I uttered, a blush rising to my cheeks in embarrassment.

Why was I so caught up in Louis appearance just then?
I mentally slapped myself for looking like am idiot I front of him. I hardly ever did that.

"Well...?"
"Oh - uh sorry. Yeah I'll go I just have to get out of pajamas first." I finished, avoiding Louis' judgmental gaze.
"You just apologized 3 times in the past minute." He smirked, "There is definitely something different about you today."
"Shut up... I'm not acting different." I defended.
He rolled his eyes, a light chuckle escaping his lips.
"Just go get ready." He dismissed, shooing me away with his hands. I opened the door and rushed inside, wanting to avoid the cold December air.
I soon heard Louis walk in after me, holding my suitcase.
"You forgot this." he stated, holding it out to me.
"Right... Sor-"
I paused, not wanting to apologize a fourth time.
I tried to think of a reasonable response. Something a normal human would say.
I was at a loss for words as he he stood there, a small smirk growing on his lips.
"A thank you would be nice." He hinted.
"Th-thanks." I stuttered, my cheeks now burning.
I snatched it from his hands, quickly turning away. I had hoped to god that he didn't take notice of my nervousness, and if he did I had hoped that he wouldn't speak of it.
I was just embarrassed that I was making a fool of myself. I was only making a fool of myself because I was shaken up about seeing the crime-scene in my bedroom, and what Sarah thought about all of this.
... Yeah that had to be the reasoning. There was no other conclusion.

{ chARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
Yayyyy
Sorry I take forever to update sometimes, I just get bored with the chapters every once and a while lol.

I'm going to OTRA Saturday also, so if anyone reading this is going it would be cool to meet u I guess :)
K ily bye}