Chapter 6

I took a shower after she had left, Jessica still wasn't home when I had finished. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair as I walked to our bedroom. I knew what Jessica was up to, where ever she was. She had been doing this more and more frequent. When she would come home, she would tell me that her and all of her co-workers went to a club to unwind after work. I'd never gone with her, but I trusted that she never did anything stupid. Just the thought of her drunkenly making out with some stranger caused me to cringe. I pushed the thought out of my mind and lied down on the bed. I grabbed the sheets, and wrapped them around myself. I sighed and found myself staring at the ceiling, wandering what to do. I pulled out my phone without thinking, and texted Jessica. *Hey, when are you coming home ?* I stared at my phone screen waiting for a reply, or at least to see that she had read my message. But there was nothing. So I texted Kathryn.
It took her a while to text back, but she did.
*You woke me up :|*
*You're going to bed at 10 ? Come on Kathryn learn to live a little* I texted her.
*So you're texting me cuz your girlfriend isn't home yet right ? * It wasn't nice of her to assume, but she was indeed correct.
*No, I'm texting you because you are my friend. (And yea jess isn't home)*
*Nice to know.* Was all she said back.
*Are you trying to make this conversation awkward ?* I asked her.
*No, I'm trying to go to sleep.* She replied.
*Aw why*
*Cuz I'm tired.*
*Suit yourself then Bye :P* I told her.
*Bye* She responded.
Minutes after staring at the ceiling again, I fell asleep.
.
.
.
.

I woke up in the middle of the night to a really loud noise. It sounded like someone was in the kitchen. I immediately sat up in the bed. I got up and walked slowly down the short hallway. It was only Jessica. She walked toward me, tripping over her own feet. She was really that drunk. I looked to my left and saw that one of the kitchen chairs had been knocked over, which was most likely the source of the noise. "Louis!" Jessica slurred, giving me a sloppy wet kiss. "Come on Jess let's get you to bed." I said putting my arm around her waist. She giggled and said, "I love you Louis."
"I love you too." I replied. She stopped me from walking and pushed me against the hallway wall, about halfway to our room. She connected her lips with mine and grazed her tongue against my lower lip, begging for an entrance. I didn't give in, knowing she did this when she was drunk. I could tell she was frustrated by the way she was grinding herself forcefully against me. I moved my hands lower and lower, down her back. She smiled, thinking she was going to get what she wanted. Suddenly, I picked her up bridal style in one swift movement. I broke our kiss and carried her to our bedroom. "Louis, don't you want me?" Jessica nagged, "Awww come on Lou baby just one round?"
"I'll always want you babe, just not now ok?" I told her, placing her in bed and wrapping the blankets around her.
I told myself a long time ago that I would never do anything with an intoxicated girl, I almost did once with Jessica but I couldn't help but feel like I was taking advantage of her. "Louis," Jessica complained.
"Goodnight Jessica." I said kissing her forehead. She furrowed her brows and turned away from me. I did the same and fell asleep again.
.
.
.
.

That morning, I woke up with Jessica next to me. I got up and stretched, and went to my dresser to get some clothes. Once I had finished that, I walked up to Jessica- who was still fast asleep. I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and went to the bathroom to get ready. A lot went through my mind as I got dressed and made my hair presentable. I thought about Jessica and what she possibly could've done last night in that club. When she got home, she was really drunk. She was more drunk than she usually would be. She wasn't herself last night. What if she kissed someone else, or something worse? That possibility was even more likely knowing that everyone around her was probably just as intoxicated as she was. The image of her and another man popped in my head. His hands roamed all over Jessica's body freely, nothing was stopping him. Jessica wasn't stopping him. She then leaned closer to him and pressed her lips to his. Her hands went to his chest and to the buttons on his shirt. The strange man pushed Jessica into a wall, the kiss not breaking. Jessica let out a soft moan as she started to undo the top buttons of his shirt...

"No." I told myself,
"No she would never do that to me." I shook my head, trying to forget what my mind had conjured up. I took a deep breath, looking at my reflection in the mirror. "She could've done this a long time ago. She goes to clubs all the time now." My subconscious told me. I ignored the thought and tried to think about something else as I left the bathroom.

I thought about Kathryn, and how we played FIFA, and how I got to know the real her. I think her personality that is all to herself is just a disguise, so she wouldn't have any friends that would turn on her, like she said. I'm glad that's not the real her, The real her is nice, and funny, and actually fun to be around. But she's still a mystery that I'm going to solve. I was going to make sure of that.