Chapter 33

*KATHRYN'S POV*

"You called my mother?!" I almost yelled.

"Yes but-"

"Why the hell did you call my mother?!" I interrupted him.

"She pays for your health care. I had to call her to figure it all out." He responded, "You know it costs money to go to the hospital right?"

"Wait... is she coming here? Please tell me she's not coming here..." I began.

"Why does it matter?" Louis asked.

"I thought she hated me..." I started, "I mean, she basically disowned me."

"If she hated you, she wouldn't be paying for your health care, and she wouldn't be sending your sister over here to check on you." He told me.

"My sister...?" I questioned, "O-Olivia?"

"Yes. Olivia is on her way here right now. It should only be an hour or so before she's here." Louis answered.

"That's why you said that she's gonna keep an eye on me. Is she staying here a couple days or something?" I asked him.

"I don't actually know..." He began, "I don't think so because she has school, but you never know."

"So... no ones going to 'keep an eye on me' then?" I assumed.

"No... if she doesn't then you can stay in the guest room in me and Jessica's flat for a couple of days or something. Or maybe I can convince the sorority girls-"

"They don't care, Louis." I interrupted him.

"I think they do." He told me, "You should've seen their faces when they saw that you passed out."

"Maybe that's because they've never seen that before, Louis. They aren't evil... they don't laugh at everyone who's bleeding eternally." I snapped.

"Yeah... so they aren't as bad as you make them seem-"

"Louis I don't want to face them after this. They're going to tease me. I know it." I interrupted him.
"You little emo. Did Louis hurt you? This is why you shouldn't have friends." I mocked Sarah's annoying voice.

"Don't you know them at all?!" I questioned.

"Right, sorry... It's just-"

"Do you not want me to stay with you and Jessica...?" I asked him, "Because I guess I could understand that..."

"No, no it's just I don't know if she'll be okay with that." He replied.

"Who cares Louis!" I yelled, "Honestly she's been a bit of a bitch lately. Not everything is about her-"

I interrupted myself.

"Sorry... I'm sorry. I should've just kept that in my head." I apologized.

"It's okay. She might be okay with this anyways... I'll talk to her about it later." He responded.

I mentally slapped myself for saying that.
I knew Louis was fond of his girlfriend, so he was probably angry with me for saying my opinion, but he was hiding it.

I mean, every time someone would question his love for her, or if someone asked if Louis fancied me, he would get all defensive.

It was like he was telling everyone, including himself, that it would be ridiculous if he didn't love her.

True, it would be ridiculous because they have been together for 3 years.

If he didn't love her, that sure would be a waste of 3 years.

"Hey... Kathryn?" Louis asked.

"Yeah?"

"The doctor was telling me about this support group-"

"Louis... not you too. I'm not crazy, I'm fine. I didn't mean to be in here. It was an accident. I overdid it. I wasn't trying to kill myself-"

"But you almost did Kathryn." Louis interrupted me, "I really want you to go. I don't want this to happen again. If it does, and I'm not there in time... I don't know what I'd do. So please-"

"It's not gonna happen again Louis! I don't know what you're getting so worked up about all of a sudden." I yelled.

"You're my best friend Kathryn. I don't want to lose my best friend because she killed herself!" Louis yelled back, "I don't know why you're taking this so lightly! This is death we're talking about! There is no do overs... you can't just change your mind and come back to life. If you succeed in killing yourself, it's done. You're gone, and I can't do anything about it."  

"Louis... I won't kill myself." I started.

"Yeah that's what I thought before! But then I found you half-dead in your room!" He cried, tears now spilling down his cheeks.

"Do you know how hard it was for me to not break down right there when I saw you? I needed to save you, but it was so heartbreaking to see you lying there bleeding to death. Especially because the wounds were caused by you. But I had to stay strong to keep you alive."
He continued, "And I kept thinking to myself, 'Why would she do this? Why would she kill herself? Did she not think about the affect this would have on me?' I mean... I thought I was there for you. I thought you would tell me if something was wrong... or if you wanted someone to talk to you. But I guess not."

I was crying along with Louis now.

"I'm- I'm sorry Louis... I wasn't thinking. I didn't mean to... I... I'm sorry. You are there for me... I just wasn't myself at the time. I'm so glad that you're my best friend. I'll- I'll go to the support group if you really want me to. I probably do need help, anyways." I sniffed.

Louis smiled from the seat he was in, his cheeks now stained with tears.

It broke my heart to see him cry.

There was a small knock on the door.
Louis and I both turned to look to see who it was.

We heard muffled voices coming from the other side.

And then my sister walked in.

{CLIFF HANGER MUA HA HA HA
Sorry if this was triggering. It was for me cuz I could relate to when Louis was saying that he thought he was there for Kath and stuff. Since I am the author and I got triggered from my own work, I am truly sorry if this triggers u too. But I figured it's probably not triggering for everyone so lemme know and I'll put a warning at the beginning if I'm wrong ily if u read bye}