𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟽:𝙸𝙵 𝙾𝙽𝙻𝚈 𝙸 𝙷𝙰𝙳 𝙰 𝙿𝙷𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚂𝙾 𝙸 𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙻𝙳 𝙱𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚃 𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙽 𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚈𝙾𝚄

I thought things could be different

I thought things could be different. If dad and I had one good day, then maybe we can have some more in the future. I was wrong. He turned his back on me when I needed him the most. When I thought he could get his shit together and be a father. I sat in outside letting the wind blow through my hair as I stared at nothing in particular. I hated myself. Hated myself for trusting people who didn't deserve my trust.

"Your boy toy hasn't been calling you lately." Tammy commented as she sat down next to me. She refuses to stop calling Hawk my boy toy. Tammy was ok, at least she didn't set me up for an almost death. We started getting closer, and in the process I told her I was going to teach her how to fight soon. Back to Hawk. He really hasn't been calling me lately. I didn't get why. I wanted to call him and ask him what the hell was he doing but the guards wouldn't allow me. So I was stuck sitting here in curiosity, staring at the doors hoping a guard would come in and tell me that someone was calling me.

"You know most men cheat when you're in jail. I know from experience." Tammy said. Cheat? Hawk would never cheat. The day of the school fight, he said he was loyal to me. He wouldn't cheat on me. Would he? I pushed the thought out of my head. "There's no way. Hawk loves me."

"That's what they all say. Until you find some bitch moaning on the other side of the phone and your boy toy confesses he cheated." Tammy explained. I shook my head. "Quit playing around Tammy." Rose walked up to us and I was about to stand up and walk off before I was pulled back down.

"This has to end. You guys used to be friends, I don't get why that ended! What the hell?"

"Rose is a traitor! That's what happened!" I yelled. Rose shook her head. "I have no choice Ryleigh. She would've killed me." An idea popped into my mind. What if....I trained Rose and Tammy. Like a dojo but in juvie. Would that work? Could it work?

"You almost got killed huh? Well when I'm done with you, you're not gonna be killed. You're gonna be the one doing the killing. Mulan type shit. I'm going to teach you how to fight. So the next time you double cross me and I decide to fight you-" I got in her face causing her to flinch back. "You're going to know how to defend yourself. Midnight. Meet me in my cell, Tammy." I instructed. Tammy nodded.

"That mean we're cool again?" Rose asked. I gave her a side smile.

"I didn't say all of that."

******
Midnight rolled around the corner as I was pacing back and forth in my cell trying to calm myself down. I mean, I taught Hawk and Miguel some moves a while back. But it was stuff they already should've known, like how to hit and kick. For Tammy and Rose I had to start from the scratch. Like push ups.

"There you are." I said once Tammy snuck into my cell. "Sorry I'm late. Guards were up my ass tonight." Tammy responded. She sat down on my bed. "So what's first boss lady?" I rubbed my eyes.

"First off, can anyone here even throw a punch? Or get their leg high up like this?" I did a kick without hitting someone and they both stared in shock. "I can pull hair!" Tammy grinned, hoping to contribute in some way.