𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟻:𝙷𝙾𝚆 𝚃𝙾 𝚆𝙸𝙽 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻 𝟷𝟶𝟷

I couldn't be anymore happy to be back home

I couldn't be anymore happy to be back home. Throughout the car ride back I wondered why I even left in the first place. Then I remembered how I only went for moral support for Miguel and how that turned out to be a complete failure. Miguel's dad was a fucking dickhead and I had called it from the start. He mentioned to me how Hector practically invaded his privacy by going through his entire phone. Miguel was better then me, because I would've punched Hector so hard across the face if he even attempted to touch my person belongings.

But none of that mattered anymore. I was back in my house, and Robby was even going to stay with us for a couple of nights. Things were actually sort of looking up.

"Hey, call me later?" I told Miguel right before we parted ways. He nodded and gave me a small side hug before walking inside of his apartment. I could immediately hear his mother and yaya shouting before embracing him in a hug and crying. I smiled at this before slinging my bag over my shoulder and walking inside my own apartment. My room looks the exact same way as I left it, aside from the fact my LED lights were turned off. Just how I liked it. I fell back onto my bed, staring at the ceiling with my eyes slowly starting to close. For a moment I almost forgot how exhausted I was before I laid on my own warm and comfortable bed. Hectors beds were alright I guess, but nothing compares to the original. So I pulled a blanket over my body and slowly drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face.

                       *********
I woke up about six hours later, feeling more refreshed then ever. The sun had long gone down which made my room look pitch black due to the fact I didn't have my LED lights on. I rolled over to check the time on my phone, seeing that it was about to be nine. Jesus, I really did sleep in didn't I? I figured I should at least take a shower and freshen up before I decided to talk to dad. He was still a little pissed I decided to take off to Mexico with no sort of warning at all. But I think he was slowly starting to understand why I did what I did. After my shower and changing into some much more comfortable clothes I stepped into the living room to see dad sitting on the couch drinking a bottle of beer. Uh-oh. I already sort of had a feeling this wasn't going to turn out the way I wanted.

"Where's Robby?" I asked, looking around the apartment. Damn it Ryleigh! Focus on the topic at hand!

Dad nodded his head towards the door. "Went out to the skate park. Said he would be back soon, but I don't know how long that'll be."

I immediately frowned at this. The skate park? I figured Robby would want to stay so we can all sit down and figure out what to do next. After all, he was finally Dad in after years. This was a huge milestone.

"Dad, I'm so so sorry for leaving," I apologized, moving to sit beside him on the couch. "I know me leaving was a wrong move. Selfish move, even. But you have to understand. I had just lost the tournament, and seeing Alyssa hold that trophy sparked something inside me. So when Miguel called and told me he was going to Mexico I thought.....why the hell not? It was gonna take away the pain of loosing. Letting all of you down."