𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟼:𝚂𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙿𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚂𝙿𝚁𝙴𝙴/𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙴𝙾𝚄𝚃

Prom night was coming soon and I couldn't be anymore excited

Prom night was coming soon and I couldn't be anymore excited. But there was only one problem.

I didn't have a dress.

You may be wondering why the hell I don't have a prom dress. Most girls at my school buy them at the beginning of the school year and keep them stuffed in their closets until prom night. Well, there are multiple reasons I didn't buy my dress as soon as possible.

For starters, I couldn't afford it. Dad was spending all his money on supplies for training and there was barely any money for my prom dress. Which is why I had to save up money of my own. And that took months and months, until I had money for the dress I really wanted. There was about a week left until prom, and I highly doubt that the dress I want is still in stock. But it really doesn't hurt to try, right?

I pulled on my sweater (image above) and walked over to my dads car with his keys in my hand. I was finally starting to have enough confidence in myself to start wearing dresses and showing more skin. Dads car was the most embarrassing thing I've seen in my life, but I had no choice but to work with it until I managed to get my own car one day.

"What the hell is this?" Rose demanded as she looked at my car with disgust. Oh yeah, I was taking Tammy and Rose with me to go shopping too. They deserved a prom and to feel good about themselves for once. And it's not like they couldn't get in. Rose told me Kenny told her that Robby was taking Tory to prom despite the fact he was expelled. So what difference would it make if Tammy and Rose tagged along?

"Don't ask. It's my dads car. Anyways, y'all already to do this?" I asked with a grin on my face.

Tammy squealed and clapped her hands together. "I've always wanted to go to prom and dance my heart out, especially after seeing it on tv."

"Trust me hun, school dances are nothing like you see on tv." Rose mentioned causing me to nod and point a finger at her.

"I second that. But I'm sure you'll look good and have a good time."

Tammy just nodded and pulled out her phone which had multiple cracks and was on the verge of shutting down if it fell to the ground one more time. She seemed to be texting someone, not that I really cared. That was her business. The drive to the mall was chaotic, mainly consisting of Rose complaining how she needed gum and Tammy texting loudly on her phone.

"All right. What stores do you wanna hit first?" I asked as we stood in front of the mall.

"Don't know, don't care. As long as they have cute dresses I'm fine." Rose replied and Tammy just nodded. I scoffed before grabbing both of their arms and pulling them inside the mall. The smell of pretzels and cinnamon buns hit my nose causing my mouth to water. I haven't eaten all day, and I know my dad would freak out if I didn't put some type of food in my body by the time I got home. And so the girls and I picked up some pretzels before walking inside one store. Fancy dresses and shoes covered the entire place and I suddenly felt extremely poor.