𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟶:𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙴𝙽𝙳/𝙱𝙴𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙾𝙵 𝙰𝙽 𝙴𝚁𝙰

Ever since Miguel had gotten injured I refused to leave his side

Ever since Miguel had gotten injured I refused to leave his side. His hand was placed over mine as the medic inspected his back.

"Good news. Looks like it's just a pained muscle. It may ache, but you'll be fine." She said causing me to smile and place a hand on his shoulders.

"Oh, thank god." Carmen sighed in relief.

"So does that mean that I can keep fighting?" Miguel questioned. Even after everything that happened Miguel still wanted to fight. God this guy amazed me everyday.

"They've given you 30 minutes to recover. So let the pain guide you. If it's telling you to sit this one out, I'd listen. I'll get you an ice pack."

"Thank you."

Carmen and my dad stepped forward, asking Miguel a million questions.

"Miggy, you don't have to fight you don't want to." I stated.

"Don't worry Ryles, if something feels off I won't fight."

"Make sure he's ok." Carmen whispered to dad who only nodded. Yaya pushed through Carmen and dad and spoke to Miguel in Spanish. Carmen and Yaya left the room only leaving dad and I.

"Ryleigh! You're up against Tory!" Tammy called as she ran inside the room. My eyes widened and I ran a hand through my hair.

"Well what the hell are you waiting for? Go kick ass!" Dad exclaimed. I hopped down from the bed and kissed Miguel's cheek before running out of the room and onto the mat. There stood Tory who was talking to her senseis on the sidelines.

"Face me. Bow. Face each other." Both of us bowed and got into our fighting positions.

"Fight!"

This time I was the first to attack, throwing a punch her way. However she blocked and moved out of the way causing me to stumble.

"Out of bounds!" The ref yelled and I groaned. Tory just kept her fighting position as she moved to attack me again. I threw a roundhouse kick her way and I wound up scoring the point.

"Point! Lawrence!"

Tory held her face in pain and glared at me, causing my eyes to widen. Uh-oh. Now she was really mad. Too bad, because I was crazier. Tory ran to attack me and I grabbed her arm, throwing her onto the mat. Before I could punch her chest she rolled out of the way and kicked my face. I went flying to the ground, and Tory scored the point.

Ok, now it was my turn to go on defense. I threw hits and kicks her way and I ducked down when Tory tried to elbow me. We both scored a point and were now tied.