𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟺:#𝙻𝙸𝙵𝙴𝙾𝚁𝙳𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙷

The next morning I still hadn't told Miguel about what I found out about Hector

The next morning I still hadn't told Miguel about what I found out about Hector. I figured now that we made up, it would be better to keep things under wraps and let Miguel get closer and closer to his father until he finds out the ugly truth. You may think that sounds like a real shitty thing to do, but don't judge. You're not me. I'm doing what's best for my friend. Dad and Robby had been calling my phone nonstop, and suddenly I felt like a complete moron for even calling them in the first place and telling them that I was possibly in danger. Well, I didn't say I was in danger, more like implied it. But I can kinda see where they would think I was in danger.

"Ryles, can I come in?" Miguel asked, knocking on my door.

I rolled my eyes. "Unless you wanna see my tits, highly don't suggest it."

"Weirdo." Miguel mumbled loudly before I heard him walk off. I grinned and put my bra on. Teasing Miguel was so fun to be honest. After getting fully dressed and spraying myself with layers of perfume, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Miguel sent me a smile and I smiled back, happy that we were back to smiling with each other and not glaring.

"Hey! There they are!" Hector greeted, the smile on my face immediately being wiped off. I couldn't wait until Miguel saw how much of a dick he was so we could finally go home. But for now I had to be quiet and keep my mouth shut.

"What're you making?" Miguel questioned.

"Ah, we're making my famous churrasco."

What the hell is a churrasco? Oh well. I'll probably just ask Carmen when we go back home.

Hector told Miguel to start cooking, while I just awkwardly stood beside him looking like a complete moron. This was just sad. I felt like I should walk away, but I also didn't feel like having Hector ask me a billion questions about where I was going. He was suspicious of me enough.

"Okay. Uh, well, I studied martial arts. Both of us studied martial arts," Miguel gestured to me. "Ryles a lot longer then me. She even won a championship back home."

The sudden urge to say " Well not to brag but...." was consuming me so the only thing I could do was smile.

Hector turned towards me and grinned. "A karate championship, wow! I'm surprised I never heard of either of you."

"Well, actually, you......you might have. Uh, it's.....it's kind of why I'm here." Miguel replied. Of course their little moment had to be ruined by Hectors wife and son Luis running around

"Sorry, it can get hectic in here. The little guy is a real handful." Hector mentioned.

"You ever think of having anymore?" Miguel questioned. Jesus Christ this was awkward.

"Oh, no. No. He's not mine. He's from her previous marriage. Never had any kids of my own."

"Oh."

"I was almost a family man once. Even got married. We talked about having kids. But she left." Hector continued.