𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟻𝟿 :𝚆𝙸𝚂𝙷 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙺𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙸 𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝚃𝙾𝙾 𝙼𝚄𝙲𝙷 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙴 𝙼𝙰𝙳 𝙰𝙽𝚈𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴

Redemption was the key to everything

Redemption was the key to everything. That much was obvious when I returned home in order to make things right with my loved ones. Sure there were certain circumstances that were very much avoidable, yet it was in those circumstances that I managed to better myself in order to get my life back on track. Speaking of getting back on track, I felt as if I was truly doing a decent job on getting my mind in the right space.

The morning after I apologized to Robby, Dad and I spent the majority of our morning dumping out beer cans which were stored deep inside of the fridge in fear that Dad may have a terrible day and ease the stress. It almost felt surreal in a way, to let go of something that almost ruined your life. But I did, even all of the odds seemed to be against me. Along with that, my relationship with my family and friends grew stronger the moment I confessed everything that I had been keeping a secret for weeks on end, which included Alyssa. Of course they were appalled when I had explained to them that we had an actual conversation without fighting each other, yet they soon warmed up which I was relieved by.

Then there was explaining what happened with Silver, which went a billion times worse than I thought it would. Amanda threatened to press charges for harassment, Dad had somehow come up with an entire plan to ambush Silver when he least expects it, Robby shockingly agreeing with it after being the same guy who was turning down violence for the first time in his life. It took Daniel and I to convince the trio how irrational they were all being, which really didn't shock me due to the fact Daniel was always the peacemaker of any situation. Miyagi Do mentality, am I right?

"I can't believe I was out of town when you decided to come home," Rose huffed, moving to lay beside me on my bed as Taylor Swift played in the background (Rose was against the choice at first, but eventually learned to deal with it). "Talk about fucking drama. Alyssa and Silver in the same day? I'm surprised your brain didn't explode by now."

"Trust me, it came pretty close to it," I snarked, playfully rolling my eyes as I turned towards Tammy who seemed to he fully invested in her phone for some odd reason. "Tammy? Everything ok over there?"

"Yeah, uh, everything's fine," Tammy uttered, not even bothering look up from her phone with a stressed out expression spread all across her features. "Ok, no. Everything isn't ok. I'm getting back in touch with my mom."

"Holy shit!" Rose exclaimed as I slowly sat up from my position on my bed as well. Anyone who knew Tammy knew the horrible relationship she had with her parents, for they were the ones who threw her out of the house which ultimately led to her decision to rob a bank and get thrown in juvie for two years. Her mom was the worst of that godawful family, telling Tammy to her face that she was a disgrace nod to never speak to her again. It was that day where Rose and I had to resist the urge to beat the living hell out of the woman for taking to her daughter in such a way. Tammy swore that she was never going to give her parents the time of day again, so to hear her abruptly mention the fact she was in contact with them again made me want to know as much as possible.