𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟹:𝚁𝚈𝙻𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴

After my argument with Miguel, I already knew sleep wasn't going to come easily

After my argument with Miguel, I already knew sleep wasn't going to come easily. Luckily I already had an entire routine for what to do if I couldn't sleep. Talk on the phone with Eli, Watch tv, bake. The problem was I wasn't even in my own house. Hell, I wasn't even in my own country. I was stuck with Mexico until Miguel finally got bored and decided to pack it up and leave. At first when Miguel said he was going to Mexico I was extremely eager to follow behind him and have his back. Now that we actually had our first real fight in our friendship, I wanted nothing more then to go home. But that wasn't possible. For one, I didn't have any money to get myself a bus ticket back home. Secondly, I couldn't leave Miguel here by himself. No matter how pissed off at him I was. I still didn't know much about Hector, or whether or not it was a good idea to be staying in his house. Because of this, leaving wasn't the best idea.

None of this really solved my sleeping problem, so I was just on my laptop watching random videos in hopes it would lull me to sleep somehow. During my YouTube marathon I wound up watching the video of me at the tournament. God, I looked like a complete moron. Fighting so aggressively only to be laying on that mat five minutes later. I watched everyone surround Alyssa, cheering her on and telling her how awesome she was. Then there was me, in the corner crying to LaRusso and my dad. Thank god the comments to the video were turned off, that way I wouldn't be able to see what everyone was saying about me. It was humiliating. I talked so much shit and worked so hard only to loose. Now Alyssa was back home, celebrating her win.

Speaking of, I should probably go on her social media and see what was going on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a stalker or anything. I just simply want to see what she's doing on this fine night. Ok, maybe I do sound like a stalker. But who cares? Alyssa gained hundreds and hundreds of followers ever since she won the tournament, and I was sure those numbers were going up. Most of her posts were of her trophy, whether they were selfies or......hell all of them are selfies. Jesus Christ, give it a rest already. We get it. You won. No need to post about it every second. I clicked on her story, and there she was. Partying with the Cobras and showing off her trophy. My blood immediately started to boil so before I did anything I was gonna regret I shut off my phone and fell back on the guest bed in a starfish position. How did my life become so messed up? I remember being a happy kid, not worrying about tournaments or karate wars. Then juvie came along, then Alyssa, and my life became one huge fuck up. Not counting my friends and family of course. I was grateful for them every day of the year. As for—

"Yes, yes. They're all asleep." I heard a voice whisper downstairs. My eyes immediately widened and I ripped the covers off of my body, making my way out of the room. It sounded like Hector. I made sure to walk as slowly as I possibly can, avoiding any and all creaks on the floor.

"No, no, not tonight. I have guests over. Boy and girl. The girl however is white." Hector spoke once more making me roll my eyes. He didn't need to say all that. But I was kind of curious to know who he was talking too. Hector was in the kitchen, drinking some sort of liquor in one of those fancy tiny glass cups. He was right however. The house was silent, meaning everyone was asleep. I guess he assumed I was asleep too. Moron.