𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟸:𝙱𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙴𝚁 𝚅𝙰𝙲𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁

I went from bored to exhausted in a matter of hours

I went from bored to exhausted in a matter of hours. All I wanted to do was settle down and take a nap so long that people will think I dropped dead. But of course, Miguel was determined on following this Hector dude around so I had no choice but to follow him around. We walked throughout some plaza, and I rummaged through my bag trying to look for my sunglasses. It was way too sunny for this shit and I wasn't trying to go blind. Once I had found them I went back to spying on Hector, and my eyes widened once I saw him kiss some woman and tickle what looked like his son. My eyes glanced over to Miguel, who was just frowning and looking miserable. Shit, I didn't blame him really.

The little boy was kicking his soccer ball when Miguel caught it, holding it in his hands. I assumed this was just his awkward attempt of trying to get closer to hector through the kid. He talked to him in Spanish, and for once I understood what he was trying to say. He was asking for the kids name.

"Luis!" A woman called. Luis ran back towards his parents and I groaned, throwing my head back. We weren't getting anywhere with this.

Hector and his crew left the festival, so we followed him out as he walked down the street. Luis was kicking his ball into it rolled onto the street, not knowing a car was speeding towards him. I didn't even think before running onto the street and yelling profanities at the car while Miguel grabbed Luis and pulled him back onto the street. Miguel and his dad started talking in Spanish while I just stood there awkwardly. I didn't even know what to say really. I think I just saved my best friends step brother from someone who wanted to run him over.

Lovely.

"Entoces, we are lucky our paths crossed." Hector said.

"I-I guess so."

The woman looked at me and started to speak Spanish once more, and based on the way she looked I was gonna assume she saying good things and not bad things.

"Hey, please, we insist. It's the least we can do."

I nudged Miguel's shoulder, wanting to know what the hell was going on.

"They want us to have dinner with them." Miguel explained. Dinner didn't sound like a bad idea, especially considering the fact that we barley had money for anywhere to sleep in the first place. Miguel told them we would ho to dinner, and the family of three grinned before leading us over to their house.

********
I gotta hand it to Hectors wife, she knew how to cook. My plate was wiped clean in about ten minutes, not that anyone noticed. Hector was too busy getting to know Miguel while his wife was playing with Luis.

"So, Ryleigh is it?" Hector finally turned to look in my direction making my eyes widen.

"Yeah." I shrugged, taking a sip of my water.

"When did you and Miguel meet? You two seem like very close friends."

Oh god, it almost seemed like yesterday when I first met Miguel in front of my apartment. He was a lanky dork and I was wearing my stupid Harry Potter pajamas that were stained with Cheeto dust.