𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟻𝟾:𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙶𝙸𝚅𝙴, 𝙽𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙶𝙴𝚃

Never in my seventeen years of living did I ever think I would admit this out loud, but Alyssa Kreese was actually right about something

Never in my seventeen years of living did I ever think I would admit this out loud, but Alyssa Kreese was actually right about something. God, it made me want to gag just thinking about the fact that she might have actually had a point. What was she right about it you may ask? The fact that I had to stop running away from my problems, which also meant going home and confronting my family and friends who were all probably dead from heart attacks by now. But god dammit, did I really want to go home and face the wrath of my dad who was probably going to lock me in my room and throw away the key for the rest of my life? Or my friends who would most likely hover over me 24/7 like i was a piece of glass just waiting to break? Whenever those thoughts crossed my mind, I tried my hardest to remember what Alyssa had told me in that rather lavish Cobra Kai bathroom.

"You think you're cute? Running away from home and pretending that your life sucks? Do you know how many people would kill to be in your shoes right now? A loving family, good friends."

That wasn't the first time I got called out for how ungrateful I was. A few months ago at prom, Tory also decided to remind of what I had, and what i was quite literally choosing to throw away now that I kept on abandoning those who only wanted what was best for me. It was selfish, disgusting, and not a moment went by where I didn't hate myself for the person I was slowly becoming. A coward. Years ago I could remember telling myself that I would be strong and never back down from what I believed in. Well would you look at me now. The time for running was over. It was time to face the music and go back home.

The only problem was that I was on the verge of having a meltdown as I stood mere blocks away from my apartment building, my heart pounding in my chest and my palms becoming unreasonably sweaty being a clear indicator. I was so close, so close that I could basically taste it. But me being the chaotic anxious person I am just couldn't see myself walking up to my front door without having a panic attack. Fuck! What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I just do this one simple thing without almost loosing my damn mind over it?

Right before I was about to turn around I once more remembered both Alyssa and Tory's words, which gave me some sort of motivation to keep going until I eventually stood in front of my apartment building. It was literally now or never. I raised my balled up fist to knock on the door, cursing myself as I realized that I had forgotten my entire speech that I was supposed to say once I stood face to face with my dad.

"The police don't have any leads on where she could be yet," Was that Amanda who was speaking? Oh come on! I just thought it would've been dad and Robby. That would've made this entire interaction go so much smoother. "They think she's just another runaway teen."

"She's not a runaway, she's Ryleigh," Dad snapped, my eyes slowly widening as i listened in on the conversation despite the fact I should've been pounding on the door by now. "She has her issues, but she's also never been away from home for this long before."

Fuck. I could hear the worry in my dad's voice, and that just made this so much worse.

"She'll come home, Johnny," LaRusso assured. Great. So both LaRusso and Amanda were there. Was this the universes way of punishing me for being away from home for so long? Forcing me to confront my family in front of the two people which I hated mere months ago. I couldn't take this anymore. I needed to go inside and make this right.